Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Since January  (Read 5195 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Since January
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:22:39 am »

So, I am on here basically all the time.  It is time to tell you all why.

In January I was hanging out with one of my roommates and a friend playing a little guitar, drinking a little whiskey.  Next thing I know, the DEA is knocking on my door.  My roommate had been selling weed for about 6 months (not the one I was with).  He had about 6 ounces of good weed in his room (around $1500).  Unfortunately for the police, he was not there and they didn't get a warrant, so they could not look in his room.  He was across the hall, but the police thought he was at a party.  The police were there because he sold two ounces to a kid from the other college town in the state that was being followed.  Now this kid and his girlfriend are getting charged with 3 felonies and 8 felonies together (they had some other shit and got pulled over on the road, which was not part of the sting.  They then got arrested again and charged more somehow, I don't really know the details of their case, just saw it on the local news).  Anyways, I gave them the 3 pipes I owned, because they said if we didn't have anything big it would be no big deal.  I was on a differed sentence, so I guess I was okay with that deal (Federal agents are a bit scary).  Well, they searched our rooms to make sure we gave them all that we had, and that is where the trouble starts.  Well, the trouble is short, but they found cocaine residue in my room.  I hadn't done it in about 3 months as I cannot control my consumption of that drug once I start.  It is not that cool, I came to realize, to snort 150 dollars up your nose in one night, and not even really enjoy it.  I never did it like a crazy amount, but about once a month I would go crazy on the shit for a weekend. 

We have not heard of the cops since then, and they did not take me in that night.  My roommate that was selling shit is insanely rich (like his parents literally own a helicopter).  He hired two high powered attorneys, and my theory is that they had some type of in to pay off the police.  Well, I told my parents anyways and they actually were okay with it (they had no idea I did drugs and I told them every drug I had ever taken, which is pretty much everyone, very few times on some though).  However, they did not want me to live with a drug dealer that owed a bigger drug dealer 2000$.  Plus, it was better for the case being built against me (presumably) to live in another town.  So TOUAMB, I am living in a town 30 minutes away from campus with my parents.  That is why I am on here all the time.  I really hate this town, so I don't go out here at all, but I do go down to my apartment every weekend, I just stay here on the weeknights.  Well, that is my story, I cannot wait until July 1, when my lease runs out and I can get my own place again.



Oh yeah, this sucks really bad because I just turned 21 and am in the prime of my life.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:57:11 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:06 am »

Yikes dude. Glad you got out of that ok! I've known tons of folks who are stuck at home periodically, and they seem to get by ok. This too shall pass. And until then, you get to spend time here with the people who put the partee in witty repartee.

Good luck steering clear of the coke, man. We nerds are spazzes enough as it is.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:51:20 am »

Keith thinks one needs an explanation for hanging out here all the time?

Seriously, 21 is not the prime of your life.  You have plenty of time to recover.  You have learned an important lesson and won't screw up this way later when you have more to lose.  You'll screw up different ways but this is a really good one to get out of the way early.

And for now you have plenty of time to tell us stories!  Like, why do they own a helicopter?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 12:40:12 pm »

To transport lots of teh drugz!
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Since January
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 01:53:49 pm »

21 was definitely not the prime of my life, dude.  Give it a few years to be old enough to appreciate things.

Yeah, drugs are pretty stupid once you get over the whiz-bang golly-gee factor of thinking how adult you are and how being high feels good.

You're lucky that you didn't get taken in for your own possession, but unless the lease was in the dealer's name, the po-po tricked you.  Did they show you a warrant?  They absolutely did not have any right to search you or your room.  Having a warrant for your roommate's room (did they even have a warrant for searching it, or did you invite them in?) doesn't extend PC to your room.  I have some experience in this.

Anyway, like I said, you're lucky. It sucks that the police can lie to you like that and tell you that you have to cough up your stash or they'll get you!  I think the most valuable lesson to pull out of this is that in general the police are your enemy and that they will lie to you to get you to incriminate yourself.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 03:02:10 pm »

Hey Keith,

I have done many, many a stupid thing that involved illegal substances at the time of my life that you are in right now, and was basically just lucky enough to not get caught or killed.  It came to a point where I had too much to lose vs recreational use of something that didn't hold any real value to me, so I gave up the illegal activity.  It's real easy to get high when all you have to lose is a shitty apartment and a shitty job, but when you have a little family and a real home and a good job, suddenly you realize you don't want to lose these things just for the sake of getting stupid every so often.

At any rate, I remember being 21, and thinking I was in my prime, during my partying days, but indeed those days were not at all my prime.  Jough's right on with that point.  I didn't even know who I was back then.  Not at all.  I was still tripping on life and my own feet.  I've been telling all my friends lately that I believe that 30 is the new 20.  Basically, our parents generation knew who they were, and what their life path was all about in their 20's - they were often already married and having children, but now, all my peers are only just on the verge of getting it all figured out and establishing themselves by 30. So basically, what I'm telling you, looking back in time at you from what is now the actual prime of my life, is that your 20's are not the prime of your life - your 20's are your formative years, and since you've had what we can probably call a major formative experience, hopefully starting out on the wrong foot will lead to major EDUCATION for you. Getting in deep shit now can be a valuable thing that you look back on in 10 years as the thing that made you the man you'll become.  Since my recent health scare, I've been thinking back a lot on the fun that I had and the major mistakes that I've made, not with regret, but with fondness.  I grew to be an accountable person.  A person who values kindness and decency.  I grew to figure out what's important to me, and to take the steps I need to take to make the important stuff "front and centre" in my life.

That is some scary shit you went through, but hopefully it's given you a chance to frame things up a bit, and think about what you value.  Living with your parents sucks, even if they're sort of cool, as you seem to imply.  Just remember when you're feeling like you are losing out on some "big fun thing" because of your mistakes, that sometimes you have to sit in your own shit.  You have to sit in your own shit until you really learn from it.  I worked with a director once who, when things went bad,  would yell "sit in it!" and the entire cast would have to just pause and revel in the shittiness of the place we'd gotten to, and we'd have to wallow in it for a bit, just pausing in the awful moment - to learn it, to know it, to recognize it, and hence to avoid it in the future.  It's all about EDUCATION.

*Smacks Keith on ass* You'll be fine kid.  You got a lot more life to live!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 03:05:45 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 03:41:12 pm »


  I have some experience in this.


Story!  Story!


 I've been telling all my friends lately that I believe that 30 is the new 20. 

Oh good - does that mean 40 is the new 30?  Because I really really need it to be....
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Since January
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 03:49:31 pm »

Yes! 40 is the new 30!  Up is the new Down!  White is the New Black!  *Gets killed at a zebra crossing*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 04:01:53 pm »

Oh good - does that mean 40 is the new 30?  Because I really really need it to be....

I don't know whether it is or not, but you and me can pretend it is.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Since January
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 04:43:25 pm »

Basically everyone is living at least a decade longer than their parents' generation, so sure.  People were getting married in their 20s, now a bunch of them (us) are waiting until our 30s.  Everyone looks younger at their age than their parents did.  We're getting younger and living longer.  Yay humanity.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 07:08:39 pm »

It's been my experience that, in general, guys are pretty useless until they are 30. So enjoy the crazy part of your life, but when that ends, get down to some business.

Also, maybe the cops tricked you or whatever. The real point of the whole low shenanigan is that you put your head on straight, talked to the people who care about you the most and were spared quality time as a guest of the State or Federal corrections system. For whatever reason, you got a pass. Take full advantage of that probably once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you lucky bastard.

I imagine the rich kid is eventually going down - that kind of person usually assumes they can buy their way out of anything but the note always eventually comes due.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Since January
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:35:46 pm »

That's right.  I rest easy knowing that OJ will eventually get his due. </sarcasm>

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 07:39:23 pm »

That's right.  I rest easy knowing that OJ will eventually get his due. </sarcasm>

I think he means when they stand before the judgement seat of the Lord.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Since January
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 07:49:05 pm »

And indeed there will be time   
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”   
Time to turn back and descend the stair,   
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair
They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Since January
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 07:53:00 pm »

And indeed there will be time   
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”   
Time to turn back and descend the stair,   
With a bald spot in the middle of my hair
They will say: “How his hair is growing thin!”

Do not cramp my style, little man.  I'll fuckin' cut you.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up