Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Since January  (Read 5190 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Since January
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 07:54:40 pm »

if you slow,
I grow
to fill your shoes
you'll spout boo-hoos
like a... a...
a little bitch! pop-pop muthafucka!

what I'm saying is that if you snooze, you, in fact, loose.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 08:23:09 pm »

Wow. 

First, there is no reason needed to be here all the time.  It is just like I am on my computer usually from like 2 in the afternoon (when summer school ends) to about 4 or 5 in the morning Sunday through Wednesday.

The cops didn't have a warrant, but my 3rd roommate is really dumb and let them in.  They saw a pipe that was mine, so I assumed they could look through my stuff.  I have had a decent amount of police interaction, and, when police are there, I try to just not go to jail that night.  That is all I think about at the time. 

One of my problem is that I am pretty smart (don't want to sound like an ass hole) and feel myself to be right.  This makes a person righteous, which, honestly, is a pretty bad spot to be in.  When I was telling my parents about this I straight up told them that I would not quit smoking pot/ eating mushrooms.  I told them that I feel like those can be used in a responsible, non-detrimental way, and that I have very good grades, read all the time that I am not studying or getting drunk, and know how to play two instruments pretty well and can fuck around all right on a third.  They were kind of alright with that. 

Next, I told them that I would not be testifying against my roommate if it came down to it, that I would rather go to jail.  It is not even about getting high anymore, it is more about personal freedom.  I guess I should say that any cocaine possession in my state is a felony (according to my stoner- lawyer cousin).  So they freaked out about that, but it is okay, I suppose.  It is that righteousness bullshit that I was talking about. 

So I guess the point of this post is that, no matter how stupid it is, I still smoke and will not quit.  I will go to jail before I help send my roommate to jail, and that the reason this sucks is because I was recording this album with this guy (we were a band and even were going to play some shows) but now it has to be put on hold for a while.  Oh well, we have been jamming occasionally and I may be living with him in July, so I guess it is alright.  I am not really a partier, just a drug user who likes to hang out with other smart, similar minded drug users.

Also, my drug dealing roommates dad owns a huge housing company in Dallas, as long as a small bank, a helicopter, and a condo in that city in British Columbia that is holding the '10 Winter Olympics.  Sometimes he will call his mom and she will just randomly be in like Australia or France.  That is how rich they are.  I don't know why he was selling so much weight.  All he got out of it was like a decent amount of free weed, an ipod and video games.  He probably could have just asked his parents for a little bit more money to buy weed with and waited till Christmas or a birthday to get the games and Ipod, but he made the wrong decision.


Edit:  Plus, this is good because I have now been a vegetarian for a month and am running 2 or 3 miles every day.  By next summer, I want to be eating only fresh fruit, vegetables, bread dairy and cereal.  That is my goal anyways.  I was also able to buy a 500 dollar bass amp and some really nice grado headphones.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 08:48:20 pm by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 01:20:56 pm »

Right now, you're just sort of defending your choices, which is... well, like I said, you'll learn from the experience when you're ready to - the fates willing, you've got loads of time to figure it all out.

At any rate, don't worry about missing out on the good stuff.  There's plenty of good stuff yet to come.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 06:20:51 pm »

I think he means when they stand before the judgement seat of the Lord.

~Paul

Well, maybe. You said it, not me. I actually do have an abiding belief in the balance of things, and that eventually it comes around. I'm not privy to the details, though - for all I know empirically, the Hindus are right and OJ will be reincarnated as a banana slug. Over and over again.

What I believe - that's a different story. Isn't the difference between knowledge and belief interesting? Belief gets me through the days, weeks, months and years in far more important ways than knowledge does.

Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 08:49:00 pm »

Well, maybe. You said it, not me. I actually do have an abiding belief in the balance of things, and that eventually it comes around. I'm not privy to the details, though - for all I know empirically, the Hindus are right and OJ will be reincarnated as a banana slug. Over and over again.


When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

When the law break in
How you gonna go?
Shot down on the pavement
Or waiting on death row

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you'll have to answer to
Oh, the guns of Brixton

The money feels good
And your life you like it well
But surely your time will come
As in heaven, as in hell

You see, he feels like Ivan
Born under the Brixton sun
His game is called survivin'
At the end of the harder they come

You know it means no mercy
They caught him with a gun
No need for the Black Maria
Goodbye to the Brixton sun

You can crush us
You can bruise us
Yes, even shoot us
But oh-the guns of Brixton

When they kick at your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

You can crush us
You can bruise us
Yes, even shoot us
But oh-the guns of Brixton

Shot down on the pavement
Waiting in death row
His game is called survivin'
As in heaven as in hell

You can crush us
You can bruise us
But you'll have to answer to
Oh, the guns of Brixton


Sorry, all of this payback talk reminded my of this class Clash song.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Since January
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2006, 09:21:29 pm »

one time, I started reciting the lyrics to that song in English class.
the teacher thought it was so awesome. man. I miss that guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Since January
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2006, 09:56:38 pm »

Yea, if i don't get into grad school I will probably be that teacher. 

Also, it is nice to see I affected your life (your last three songs played, if you don't know what I am talking about)


You only like some Clash songs, right?  Do you like their cover of Police and Theives, because both the original and the cover are amazing songs.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Since January
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »

yeah, um, you reminded me of that time, and so I listened to those songs.
that song is pretty good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Since January
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 04:25:27 am »

Oh man, inevitable, Keith Hernandez totally PWNS you.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Since January
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 04:39:05 am »

how is he pwning me on any level?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Since January
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 04:41:55 am »

HE IS INSIDE YOUR MIND, KID.

HE IS MAKING YOU LISTEN TO MUSIC.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up