Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ohno*****.com  (Read 4141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
ohno*****.com
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:41:09 am »

Why are we not doing this? A website where you can transcribe comics? Something for us to do when we're waiting for someone to post on the board?

this is delicious.

www.ohno*****.com
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 04:44:18 am »

The idea that there is a site that we cannot share with each other, here, because the name is filtered out is totally awesome.

I kind of want to guess it out?

But I kind of don't.

I like the idea that the internet holds a delicious secret from me, the reality of which could not be as delicious as that secret.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 04:51:14 am »

the last word is the word for a metal man. "Rossum's Universal _____"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:12:21 am »

We had started a tagging achewood project, but it never got very far.

Maybe I'll start that up again soon, though.  I think the name we decided on was AutoJstr.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:38:55 am »

I sent Onstad an email a few months back asking him if he would ever consider joining ohno*****, since I was under the impression that only the author can sign up his comic. He was too busy abusing his wife and neglecting his daughter to ever get back to me.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 12:33:56 pm »

And don't forget that poor dog.

I wondered what the downside could be of having us do all the work of transcription, but I looked at the web site and the creator is supposed to check and approve all the input.  Seems like this is only slightly less work than typing it in yourself.  I'd rather he spent his time on getting all the old Serializer content back on line, I guess.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 02:09:03 pm »

We'll get the Tagging Achewood project back up and running (since I've already written a lot of the things we'd need for it) and we can mark it up ourselves, making a nice searchable comics database.

It'll be fun.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 03:19:30 pm »

Why are we not doing this? A website where you can transcribe comics? Something for us to do when we're waiting for someone to post on the board?

this is delicious.

www.ohno#####.com

As Wombat said there has to be creator involvement for ohno*****. But damn that Ryan North is a freaking Renaissance Man. Ohno*****, Rsspect, Dinosaur Comics, and a former TOUAMB member.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 04:13:19 pm »

I sent Onstad an email a few months back asking him if he would ever consider joining ohno#####, since I was under the impression that only the author can sign up his comic. He was too busy abusing his wife and neglecting his daughter to ever get back to me.

-insert Ferocious J rant-

I have no idea about the state of your family affairs Melack, but I'm pretty sure you'd feel like shit if someone on the Internet said that you beat your wife and ignore the needs of your own child. You seem a decent guy and I know you only said it for laughs (unless you know something we don't) but give the man some respect. I mean, he's never suggested 'Melack beats his little sister' or 'Melack steals cash from orphanages''.

Wow, I am grouchy today. Apologies.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 04:26:15 pm »

As Wombat said there has to be creator involvement for ohno#####. But damn that Ryan North(...) and a former TOUAMB member.

Was he? Wow. Why did he leave? Wow.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 04:27:19 pm »

Was he? Wow. Why did he leave? Wow.

http://touamb.com/index.php?action=profile;u=73;sa=showPosts

A handy link to all his posts!

He even speaks like a Dinosaur Comic.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 04:37:17 pm »

Judy, since Onstad is so happy to sling mud his fans ways, he sure as piss needs to be able to take it in return.  Back in the day he ran a message board where he mocked and was mocked regularly.  That hand-raping child murderer will be just fine. Our pithy feeds him. So don't you worry.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 06:52:33 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 05:50:11 pm »

-insert Ferocious J rant-

I have no idea about the state of your family affairs Melack, but I'm pretty sure you'd feel like shit if someone on the Internet said that you beat your wife and ignore the needs of your own child. You seem a decent guy and I know you only said it for laughs (unless you know something we don't) but give the man some respect. I mean, he's never suggested 'Melack beats his little sister' or 'Melack steals cash from orphanages''.

Wow, I am grouchy today. Apologies.


What Side Show said. Also, what do those kids need with that cash, anyways? It's not like they're gonna buy mothers day presents or anything. I can't help it if I need money.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 06:04:32 pm »

oh Judy, we are both such sensitive fellows. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

but yeah, Onstad... um... what a...
what a cad!

(haha! see! I am cool like smells!)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: ohno#####.com
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 06:55:23 pm »

oh Judy, we are both such sensitive fellows. I was kind of thinking the same thing.

but yeah, Onstad... um... what a...
what a cad!

(haha! see! I am cool like smells!)

Awww... a little one to take under my wing.

But wait...

Underlings grow to over throw their masters!

I must prevent this!

Hence I must destroy theinevitable!

DESTROY!  DESTROY! DESTROY!

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up