Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness  (Read 7341 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« on: June 16, 2006, 08:15:09 am »

http://www.achewood.com/comic.php?date=06162006

The eyes in panel 8 sold me on this one.  Amazing how the exact same image conveys a completely different mental state in another context.  Please, no quips about the work ethic of the artist.  Thank You     -Management


The question is actually difficult for Teodor

Also: ZZ Top

Also: Panel 2, a study in grim determination
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:32:09 am by mrchee »
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 10:16:35 am »

Wow, this is the kind of strip Onstad comes up with an extra day off?

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 10:33:01 am »

Yeah what a son of a bitch taking a day off for his birthday. I hate that guy!

I actually laughed at this strip really hard. I don't even know why.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:34:23 am »

A car that promotes lotion awareness. What wondrous times.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 10:34:57 am »

Also I am digging Beef's furious No. 2 Pencil Distribution brows
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 10:49:17 am »

Yes the pencil distribution is the best part.  The rest of it... it is meaningless to me. Maybe it's a guy thing?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:10:47 am »

It's a guy-who-knows-cars thing. I'm a guy, and my reaction to this strip was "check you again on Monday".
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »

Yeah, didn't do much for me but then I don't really like cars.

Pencils indeed were a very small win.  Oh well, LET US TRY THIS AGAIN NEXT WEEK!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:58:48 pm »

Also I am digging Beef's furious No. 2 Pencil Distribution brows

Thank you for pointed this out because I missed it the first time through.  I think I would buy a T-Shirt of #2 Pencil Beef.

The rest of the strip?  Meh.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 03:00:35 pm »

P.S.  My gut tells me that I'd pick the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 03:21:22 pm »

P.S.  My gut tells me that I'd pick the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile.

I've never heard of the other 3. But I'd pick #4 on the off chance it involved putting lotion on L'Oreal models.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 03:50:12 pm »

The ZZ Top car is easily the most badass of the options presented, but it's probably hella stinky by now, what with all the fur interiors.

I also loved Roast Beef's "This is my angry pencil-distributing face" face.  BADASS STANDARDIZED TEST ADMINISTRATION!
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 03:52:05 pm »

It's a tough choice because they all have a certian appeal to Teodor.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 03:54:24 pm »

I've never heard of the other 3. But I'd pick #4 on the off chance it involved putting lotion on L'Oreal models.

I'd pick .4 if only to try and mess with the car horn so that I'd press it and it'd go "It puts the lotion on its skin" in Jame Gumb's lispy drawl while I cruised slowly through the streets in the evening, all elbow sticking outta the window, all staring *intently* on the passers-by.

Add: Edited to correct Buffalo Bill's last name. I'm lame.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 06:38:09 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 16 June 2006 -- L'Oreal Group Lotion Awareness
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 05:16:51 pm »

man.

when my friend took the SATs, they put her in the "extended time" room by accident. The way she described how depressing it was, it sounds like the lady running it looked basically how Arrosto Beef looks here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up