Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neko Case in Concert  (Read 1509 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Neko Case in Concert
« on: June 18, 2006, 10:19:07 pm »

I saw Neko Case perform in concert last night in Park City Utah and she was really good.  The woman has an incredible voice.   I also met Miles for the first time.  We met before the show for food and beverages. 

Of course I took pictures...


*He also played 6 string guitar, but mostly pedal steel.

I also shot a videos of Deep Red Bells and Hex.

What a great show.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 10:52:12 pm »

So were you like, on stage with them shooting these photos?

Man, those are some great friggin' photos. 

Looks like a good show.  I could never really get into Neko Case, and never really understood why so many dudes wanted to get into Neko's Case, but maybe I just need to see her live.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 10:55:00 pm »

man, I would not get into that Case.

although, maybe if I heard the music I would want to.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 01:56:49 am »

I looooooooooooooves me some Neko Case.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 03:41:16 pm »

I had the chance to see her earlier this month at an outdoor music festival here in WA.

She got a few songs into her set, and the gigantic, sunny day in which I got sunburnt, lead to rain, heavier rain, and then 45 minutes of 1/4" to 1/2" hail.

She ended up having to retreat off of the stage, and everything was shut down, she never came back.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 11:36:11 pm »

It was a great show, and it was nice to meet Paul, who is the most amiable person in the world.  Glad you made it home safely.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Neko Case in Concert
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 01:49:47 pm »

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that our Miles is a heck of a nice guy.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up