Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's sad thing: A reeking tweaker couple looking in the gas station freezer for "that pizza that was good in the microwave last time."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Go Fuck Yourself  (Read 5201 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Go Fuck Yourself
« on: June 22, 2006, 06:40:28 pm »

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 06:44:29 pm »

Whew. I thought you were angry at us!

That's pretty cool, though. Orchids have gotta be in the top 5 coolest things on the planet.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 06:47:19 pm »

Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 06:53:16 pm »

It's like I always said, if humans could "defy gravity" or "be flexible enough", we'd never get anything done.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 07:26:49 pm »

Over lunch the other day, we were discussing web sites and I mentioned that I occasionally read Go Fug Yourself.

Of course, nobody heard me correctly the first time, and they were somewhat taken aback.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 12:45:01 am »

Orchids are remarkable, aren't they? What's always fascinated them about me is the extreme viability of weird crossbreeds; you get a much more robust plant that way, because you can do all sorts of crazy new outbreedings and get stable, beautiful results. I love me some orchids.

Anyway, this sort of thing is not a surprise given orchid habits. You'd learn how to self-fertilize, too, if you'd spent twenty generations on the top of the rain forest canopy!
Logged

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 01:37:35 am »

It's not as racy (with the self-fuck*ng implications), but there have been some mutants of corn where the seeds will sprout while they're still on the cob, before they've even dried out. That seemed rather cheeky.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 02:22:36 am »

I love orchids.

You always hear that old saw about flowers being the sexual organs of plants.  I've always understood that on an intellectual level, but dang, some of the orchids in your pictures really look like cootchies.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 02:42:36 am »

You always hear that old saw about flowers being the sexual organs of plants.  I've always understood that on an intellectual level, but dang, some of the orchids in your pictures really look like cootchies.

Yeah, I can't help but giggle immaturely from time to time when looking at the photos.  It's pretty remarkable, the similarity.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2006, 02:50:32 am »

Does your camera have a "Macro" setting?  I noticed you had problems with blurry closeups.  Most of the time if you try to get in closer than 3 feet or so you won't be able to focus properly unless you use the Macro.  Or Super-Macro.

On my camera, the icon for Macro is a even a little flower.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2006, 02:54:55 am »

Does your camera have a "Macro" setting?  I noticed you had problems with blurry closeups.  Most of the time if you try to get in closer than 3 feet or so you won't be able to focus properly unless you use the Macro.  Or Super-Macro.

On my camera, the icon for Macro is a even a little flower.

Damn, so that's what that little thing is!  Clearly I should read the manual more carefully.  Or be more intuitive.

Thank you, sir, for the Education.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2006, 03:01:39 am »

Whenever I want to take a super close up I step back behind the 3' line and zoom in.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 04:03:52 am »

Yeah, if you have more than a 3x zoom on your camera you totally want to use macro mode, stand back about a meter, and then zoom in.  If the background is far enough away from the flower you'll get a nice depth of field effect that looks all pro and stuff.

I attempt to do this with any flower shot (see my Flickr set for my pitiful attempts at this).

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 05:13:16 am »

oh my goodness, are you serious? I need to check to see if my camera has that. Because my pictures are always hell of blurry. partially because the Flash is the ugliest thing, so I turn it off. And my clever camera responds to this by slowing the shutter speed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Go Fuck Yourself
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 01:59:59 pm »

oh my goodness, are you serious? I need to check to see if my camera has that. Because my pictures are always hell of blurry. partially because the Flash is the ugliest thing, so I turn it off. And my clever camera responds to this by slowing the shutter speed.

It won't help if you're not using more than 3x zoom, like Jough said.  There's not much you can do to help the situation you've described except to get a tripod so that your hand doesn't shake while you're taking the picture.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up