Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am now a shiftless Bum  (Read 4640 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2006, 01:33:17 pm »

I got a laugh outta it.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2006, 05:58:21 pm »

oh, i get it now.

`paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2006, 01:48:00 am »

I got myself on the welfare today.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2006, 03:21:36 am »

I love the apologetic look on the lady behind the desk's face.  Like she's saying in a sing song voice "so-rry!"  Also, you look awfully sharp there.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 03:41:30 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2006, 03:25:42 am »

Way to suckle from the public teat, Paul.

Hey, I figure the country owes you for your time spent in Utah.

HE SUFFERED FOR OUR SINS

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2006, 03:41:00 am »

Hey.  Unemployment is not welfare.  You've been paying into that system, it's there to protect you.  You should not feel even slightly guilty.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2006, 05:21:28 am »

so, for some reason I looked at that picture and thought that she was using a typewriter.

I have decided that when I am a super-rich Mogul of some kind, I will set up a Typewriter to be the keyboard to my computer. The screen will be a hidden projector, and the CPU itself will be under the desk in some way.

Although I guess the noise and effort would get super-annoying after a while. plus, who do you contact to wire a typewriter as a keyboard?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2006, 08:04:35 am »

I hope your head has stopped being all blurry.  It would make everyone think you were someone not being charged on an episode of COPS, or perhaps a T-shirt logo on MTV.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2006, 02:17:21 pm »

Basically what Auggie-Doggie said. You and yor employer done paid into that deal.

ALSO: Great suit.

I must agree.  If you have to go through bad times, at least you look good doing it.  And I have to agree with AW as well.  Unemployment checks are government-structured luck-balancing.  Good times? Leave a penny.  Bad times? Take a penny.  Quit to start your own business only to realize no one's buying?  No pennies for you!
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2006, 03:49:10 pm »

Also, from your most recent photo in the ice cream thread, I know that you got yourself a nice ice cream cone either before or after going on the dole.  This wonderfully lackadaisical* attitude is one I hope to emulate soon.

* yeah I know "lackadaisical" isn't a word of necessarily positive connotations, but when I was younger I thought it was "lacks-a-daisy-cal," and that this meant one was lacking a daisy, and not really caring about lacking a daisy, because, hey who really cares about lacking a daisy?  Hence, to me it is a positive attitude to hold toward situations one has no controle over.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2006, 03:53:12 pm »

I think the word you're looking for is "insouciant," not "lackadaisical."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I am now a shiftless Bum
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2006, 06:03:33 pm »

he also got a cute girl to hold the icecream cone.

notice what he has done.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up