Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood My bicycle is parked in the living room. A tub of tartar sauce sits open on the counter. Truly, the evidence of a wife being away too long.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ray  (Read 2883 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Ray
« on: June 23, 2006, 06:29:19 am »

This stuffed hamster doll looks an awful lot like Ray.

Logged
ACHIEVE

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 02:05:11 pm »

I suspect it's the similarity of Ray's ears to those of this hamster.  It needs a thong, a pair of glasses, and a sassy attitude to seal the deal.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 04:09:25 pm »

This stuffed hamster doll looks an awful lot like Ray.

What?  No it doesn't!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Ray
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 05:01:11 pm »

This stuffed otter doll looks just like Phillippe.  Here he is looking for pictures of dead bodies on the Internet.

Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 05:21:32 pm »

I have a Phillipe bath pillow - it is an otter with suction cups on his back, and a soft tummy for resting one's head on.  I can not leave it out unattended, because one of our cats finds the plastic whiskers to be delectable.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 05:44:15 pm »

I have a Phillipe bath pillow - it is an otter with suction cups on his back, and a soft tummy for resting one's head on.  I can not leave it out unattended, because one of our cats finds the plastic whiskers to be delectable.

I firmly believe that the word delectable was created soley to end up in that story. That you, Smells, for allowing this humble word to fulfill its destiny.


[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Ray
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 06:20:08 pm »


[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]

Congrats Cort for wasting so much of your life!  (this is known as Irony)

In my mind though, you'll ALWAYS be Homosexuals the Gorilla.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Ray
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 06:48:32 pm »

Congratulations, Cort. You've officially broken the board.

Anyway, I have a small stuffed otter (clinging to a green felt object meant to simulate -- okra? I really don't know) lying on my floor. Well, I did, until I started typing this post and went to pick him up out of pity. His size and pose strikes me as very much Baby Philippe, but with a smaller head, perhaps.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 12:47:59 am »

I firmly believe that the word delectable was created soley to end up in that story. That you, Smells, for allowing this humble word to fulfill its destiny.


[edit: and this response allowed me to finally move up from "Homosexuals the Gorrilla" to "Philippe is standing on it"]

You know, I wrote "deli.." then thought, no.  No.  Not delicious.  Delectable.  Yes.  Delectable.  Because it's true.  He has an insane passion for eating a strange list of non-edible items.  My cat finds the following items irresistibly delectable:  plastic whiskers on otter bath pillow, bristles of any push broom, bristles on antique brush, shoe laces of all kinds, spiky cactuses, rubber bands, and any brand of dryer sheets.  His future bowel obstruction is basically inevitable.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Ray
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 02:48:23 am »

You know, I wrote "deli.." then thought, no.  No.  Not delicious.  Delectable.  Yes.  Delectable.  Because it's true.  He has an insane passion for eating a strange list of non-edible items.  My cat finds the following items irresistibly delectable:  plastic whiskers on otter bath pillow, bristles of any push broom, bristles on antique brush, shoe laces of all kinds, spiky cactuses, rubber bands, and any brand of dryer sheets.  His future bowel obstruction is basically inevitable.

My cat eats paper.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 03:55:15 am »

Smells, your cat is cleaning his teeth.

Hobot, your cat needs frelling insane. Pretty much just like all cats.

Smells, your cat may not be cleaning his teeth. If not, he is, just like pretty much all cats, insane.



(Listen: Forgive me. I've been reading a lot of Vonnegut lately.)
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 04:50:57 am »

Nothing quite like Vonnegut in the summer.

I read at least 6 of his books last summer, and have already read two this summer.  I can pretty much put down some Vonnegut and PKD at about 3-5 hours a book, if that is what I am feeling.  Hey, I think I found something a history major can help you with.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 06:00:59 am »

Hell, I am a history major. Have you read Timequake? I'm finishing it (again) now.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 07:26:16 am »

Yea I really liked Timequake, although reading so much in the last 5 years has kind of made everything muddy.  The thing I most remember is that scene where Trout had figured it out (did he know the whole time?) and was talking about how he just likes writing, he doesn't care that he has already written it.  Possibly right before the timequake ends, I don't really remember.  Anyways, you probably have, but if you haven't, you should really check out Cat's Cradle and Mother Night.  Those are the two that I got the most out of, I guess.

What are you studying with your History major?  I am mainly doing Africa/African Americans post slavery, Eastern Europe post-Communism, and 19th and 20th century Latin America.  It is pretty fun, but I don't know what I am going to do with that degree.  I love knowing a bunch of random stuff and being able to write good papers, even if I have no idea what I am talking about.  Don't know how that translates into food and drug money, though.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ray
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 04:10:26 pm »

Yea I really liked Timequake, although reading so much in the last 5 years has kind of made everything muddy.  The thing I most remember is that scene where Trout had figured it out (did he know the whole time?) and was talking about how he just likes writing, he doesn't care that he has already written it.  Possibly right before the timequake ends, I don't really remember.  Anyways, you probably have, but if you haven't, you should really check out Cat's Cradle and Mother Night.  Those are the two that I got the most out of, I guess.

I read Timequake about 7 years ago so I'm kind of hazy, but didn't this also take place after Trout was "set free" in Breakfast of Champions? So wasn't he self-aware in Timequake?
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up