Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: June 26 2006 - Details? He said "faggot" the way old telegrams used to say STOP.  (Read 5627 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

This was okay. Several other good titles here, I think. I'm glad that little arc is over, too.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=06262006
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=06262006


I am soooooooooo happy right now.  It is like early achewood is back.

Without Todd of course, but still improvement.


These overhead shots of late have been pretty cool as well.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Not too shabby for a one sided talking head strip. A change of pace from the surreal fare of late but still good. 'He said faggot the way old telegrams said STOP' makes me smile.

I get this weird feeling this is inspired by something that has happened to our friendly neighbourhood author, it seems to personal to just come up with spontaneously.

For that matter, what the hell kind of street does Ray live in when he's in that giant house and his neighbour is selling car parts out of his driveway? Are his neighbours just douche bags or did he build the biggest damn house in the ghetto?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

V-Adore

  • Guest

Merged! With Doc's now-incoherent double-post preserved for posterity. But yeah, agreed; this is a good one-off, and it describes something amusing. I'm satisfied.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

Must you taunt me so V? I keep forgetting you mods can merge posts and such now.
Every typo I managed to cram into those three measly paragraphs is just *staring* at me.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

I don't have too much to add here.  It was enjoyable enough.  Sometimes I can't even tell if *I* have a haircut or not.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.

I love the agitated forward hunch and eyebrows in panel 4. Ray is all CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT THIS IS BAD!?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

I think I am officially at the point where I don't really have a haircut.

but I am not a dirtbag.

I would not buy car parts from ray, or call anyone a Faggot. "Fag" is so much shorter. But, despite being one of the better curses in the English language, I have never had the occaision to use it without feeling bad. And I suppose that never will come.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

Selling car parts out of your driveway is not classy; Ray knows this, and is fixin' to put a stop to it.

I agree with Tangle; the leaning-with-concerned-eyebrows in panel four is pretty great. 

This is the correct thread title; runner-up: "I couldn't tell if he had a haircut or not."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile

I don't understand faggot.
It means something like lump of wood and yet if hurled at me by a mindless American i'm to believe it means i'm gay?
What up with dat?!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

I think I am officially at the point where I don't really have a haircut.


Is this a problem?  I have been noticing that the teenage boy version of These Kids Today seems to favor a haircut that says 'I can't afford a haircut.'  But perhaps now you are too old for this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

Is this a problem?  I have been noticing that the teenage boy version of These Kids Today seems to favor a haircut that says 'I can't afford a haircut.'  But perhaps now you are too old for this.

Quite the opposite.  Now that he is a college boy, he is allowed not to have a haircut.  Any style that cannot be achieved with kitchen scissors is Too Complicated.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

Is this a problem?  I have been noticing that the teenage boy version of These Kids Today seems to favor a haircut that says 'I can't afford a haircut.'  But perhaps now you are too old for this.

I blame Jim from The Office (US).
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

For that matter, what the hell kind of street does Ray live in when he's in that giant house and his neighbour is selling car parts out of his driveway? Are his neighbours just douche bags or did he build the biggest damn house in the ghetto?

Remember Envelópe Martinez? I bet that's him, dude. I bet that he's selling car parts out of his driveway.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile

These are pretty much the exact same poses as the Prank Calling strips.



I swear I've seen that overhead shot before as well.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up