Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Dude abides.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Death in the Family  (Read 2988 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Death in the Family
« on: June 28, 2006, 12:57:57 am »

And to think I used to mock people who posted photos of their cats on the internet.

RIP Fluffy Dempsey.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 01:35:17 am »

Man that basically sucks.  I am sorry about this jough.

Hopefully he had a good ride.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 02:27:49 am »

Damn, that is not good stuff Jough.  I am sorry about this.
And now slightly paranoid because 92 was when we got my cat too.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 02:46:41 am »

I am sorry about your loss, Jough.  I'm sure Fluffy was good people. 
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 03:06:21 am »

That's awfully sad news jough.  All the best in this tough time.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 03:15:45 am »

My condolences on your loss.  You wrote a beautiful eulogy for him.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 03:56:45 am »

I don't know why this one hit me particularly hard.  I guess I'd never really had a pet before except for a giraffe when I was a kid.  There were three cats to start, and Fluffy was the last to go, so maybe it's that he was the last?

Thank you all for your condolences.  I wasn't going to post anything here about it but I'm very upset and why would I not tell my friends about it?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 04:01:38 am »

I thought I posted a reply, but it seems to have vanished.  Sorry for your loss Jough.  Remember that 'ol Fluffernutter will always live on in your heart.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 04:06:15 am »

Eddie from Frasier also passed away today.  He was 16.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 04:10:08 am »

fuck*ng celebrity pets trying to steal Fluffy's thunder, that's what it is.

Fluffy was way better than Moose the dog.  What would the dog do?  Just sit there and stare at Frasier?  Fluffy could stare at you so intently that you started to feel deep resounding shame.  And then he'd lift a little paw and pet you to make you feel better.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 05:46:50 am »

man, cats are the best.

my ex girlfriend had a cat which would sometimes come up and slap her. I didn't believe it until I saw it happen.

I should have taken a hint from this.

Jough, you felt that shame because a cat can see through to your very soul.

I appreciate your loss. losing a pet is not small beans. I am sorry that your cat, who I never had the chance to meet, has died.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 06:03:01 am »

I'm very sorry for your loss. Fluffy was a beautiful cat, and I'm glad to hear he brought you and yours joy.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2006, 07:16:04 am »

Spanky and I had each other since 1991 when he left for good in March. That was a hard day for me and I know this is a hard day for you.

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2006, 10:47:00 am »

Sorry about Fluffy, Jough. He looks like a right honest cat. I think I'll go hug my guys.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Death in the Family
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2006, 02:48:24 pm »

Nooo! That is so sad. :( Dammit, I am really sorry to hear that. Fluff was one hell of a special guy. He's definitely in kittyheaven now, a place where he and Schnock can play and one never has to wear a kittyspacecollar/cone.  A place where the treats flow freely.

Gosh, his little feet do look irresistably fluffy. I had always imagined him as white, but his black and white fur is especially cute. Rest in peace, Fluffy F. Dempsey.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up