Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*  (Read 9213 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2006, 04:05:02 pm »

I have versions of this doodle myself.  I'm pretty sure some psychoanalytical person would have a field day with my college notebooks especially.  I still have them for this very reason (and I am not one who keeps things).



You could always turn them into a comic like the guy at XKCD did.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2006, 05:14:23 pm »

Quote
Lacoste-wearing, Range Rover-driving peers.

this has been my friends lately. I am so ashamed. Driving down Queens Road (ie: where all the "old money" houses are) blasting bad rap music. Me all covering my ears and saying "seriously guys, turn this shit off!" Them all laughing. All using their dad's credit card to pay for dinner. Me all going broke because I actually have to pay for my own dinner. All having to explain to one guy (I shit you not!) the concept that I had to pay for my own gas. He literally wears lacoste shirts while driving his Range-rover. what I'm saying is, THAT WAS LITERALLY A DESCRIPTION OF THE PAST MONTH OF MY LIFE. Stealing people's golf carts, going to barbeques in gated neighborhoods, meeting fat old men with pretty blonde wives...

but it's ok, because they're really cool people. They're just spoiled as fuck. it's kind of funny, actually.

anyway...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2006, 05:16:13 pm »

You could always turn them into a comic like the guy at XKCD did.

I suppose, but I don't think my stickmen ever look that streamlined.


If you want non-angst riddled doodles, consult flickr.. it has some of them.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2006, 05:17:07 pm »

Yeah, I figured that generally, the Devil only trades you for your soul once.

What would be the point of him/her owning your soul twice over?

Unless it's like The Marvel Universe and there's four or five cosmic beings running around claiming, to one extent or another, to be the Biblical Satan.

Then I guess he could trade it to three or four Satans and then just sort of hope that he'd outsmarted them, hoping that if it came up to arbitration in Supernatural Tricksters' Small-Claims Court, maybe the devils would have to just all give up right to him at once rather than battle it out and he'd get into heaven or a well-placed reincarnation (lipstick lesbian, living planet with a power ring, etc) on a loophole.

Homer Simpson pulled it off. That one stoner character on "Kids in the Hall" pulled it off.

In Ray's head, he's capable of deceiving multiple Great Deceivers at once... even if it would end up with Beef bailing him out in the end.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2006, 06:38:48 pm »

Tangental to Ray's drawing his fears, I too had/have a manifestation of my doubts that comes through in doodling. Though mine is a character, Lil' Mikey, a rough representation of myself at six or seven...
Generally, his purpose is to berate me for not living up to his potential
Do most peoples' inner-children do this to them? Tell them that 26 is too old to break in as a writer... to put the MacDonalds down, fatty... etc etc? I always assumed that most peoples' inner children just pop up to remind them how fun it is to play on swings or to suggest that maybe they should look on myspace for that girl they had a crush on in the third grade.

Not at the margins of notebooks, proclaiming you a failure.

Yeah, my first collection of poems was pretty much versions of myself at various ages berating the author of the poems.  It was far too post-postmodern to be any good.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »

Yeah, my first collection of poems was pretty much versions of myself at various ages berating the author of the poems.  It was far too post-postmodern to be any good.


I still want the opportunity to go back in time bitchslapping earlier incarnations of myself, like me around the high school days, kindergarten-era me, or hell, even last week me... God knows we asked for it.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 07:08:09 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2006, 07:08:35 pm »

I still want the opportunity to go back in time bitchslapping earlier incarnations of myself, like me around the high school days, kindergarten-era me, or hell, even last week me, I'm pretty sure I *did* something... God knows we asked for it.

It wouldn't work. You'd go back and be all, "pay the cable bill on time, bitch!" but you'd still forget. Like Bill reminding himself to wind his watch.
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2006, 07:31:25 pm »

I wonder if Ray has a fear of sax, as well as a fear of violins.

I'm so so sorry

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2006, 07:47:44 pm »

I wonder if Ray has a fear of sax, as well as a fear of violins.

I'm so so sorry

Surely not a Fear Of Music?!

(Because this joke really needed stretching further)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2006, 08:46:02 pm »

Just a Fear of Pop.

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2006, 10:44:36 pm »

You're right, I can't commit.

To you.
Logged
~

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2006, 04:54:48 am »

Surely not a Fear Of Music?!

(Because this joke really needed stretching further)


Man, you're old signature was bugging the hell out of me because I knew it was a song, I just couldn't figure out which one.  Then, today I put on Green by R.E.M. and find out.  Then I get on and you have changed it, it's all too much.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 05:46:30 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2006, 05:28:18 am »

I wonder if Ray has a fear of sax, as well as a fear of violins.

That pun was once made by Gilda Radner on Weekend Update. I miss Gilda Radner. Even though she was before my time.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2006, 12:51:49 pm »

That pun was once made by Gilda Radner on Weekend Update. I miss Gilda Radner. Even though she was before my time.

Puerto Rico wants to be made a steak?! What next? A baked potato?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2006, 09:05:58 pm »

my favorite part is that ray is scared of violins... but goddamn if he isn't going to CONQUER that fear.

And since no one else said it, Welcome, LauraLaura.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up