Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris waited all day for the Comcast repair guy, and he never showed up. What is he supposed to do with this cream pie?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*  (Read 9205 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2006, 09:21:57 pm »

A Laura so nice they named her twice.

Welcome.


P.S. I am astonished that Vassar doesn't block this site.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2006, 03:45:49 am »

this has been my friends lately. I am so ashamed. Driving down Queens Road (ie: where all the "old money" houses are) blasting bad rap music. Me all covering my ears and saying "seriously guys, turn this shit off!" Them all laughing. All using their dad's credit card to pay for dinner. Me all going broke because I actually have to pay for my own dinner. All having to explain to one guy (I shit you not!) the concept that I had to pay for my own gas. He literally wears lacoste shirts while driving his Range-rover. what I'm saying is, THAT WAS LITERALLY A DESCRIPTION OF THE PAST MONTH OF MY LIFE. Stealing people's golf carts, going to barbeques in gated neighborhoods, meeting fat old men with pretty blonde wives...

but it's ok, because they're really cool people. They're just spoiled as fuck. it's kind of funny, actually.

anyway...

theinevitable, as I continue to prepair for your horrible reign of terror, I would like to pause and award you the WASP award for Lily-White Youthful Abandon.  Most inoffensive "bad" behavior ever.  Exemplary.  Also being possibly paraded about as the one poor-ish slummy-ish friend earns bonus points.  As a mixed racial girl who went to an exclusive private school on a special grant program for the financially disadvantaged, I salute you and your kith and kin.  Bra-ha-vo.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2006, 05:17:00 am by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2006, 05:02:31 am »

Prepare.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2006, 05:04:25 am »

oh, no, that's the best part. I think my family is possibly better-off than these people's families. But we aren't "old money," which apparently means "not throwing around money like it's month-old-salami." I come across as the Not-well-off one because I actually earn money from a job (and before that, it was a matter of having a fixed allowance, rather than a credit card). so I don't like to waste my funds.

I keep trying to type a funny story here, but I am not good at encapsulating things.

why are you preparing for my reign of "terror" exactly?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2006, 05:22:29 am »

why are you preparing for my reign of "terror" exactly?

Well, remember how I realized I had to destroy you, but then, was rightly warned that one can only prepare (hope you're happy jough) for theinevitable?  So if you are my protoge, and you will grow to destroy me, I can only get myself ready for what's to come...

This is not funny.

I'm tired.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2006, 05:39:45 am »

wow, I thought I was Q's protege.

I need to figure out who I am emulating.

OK after a second's notice, I would rather Tell Amazing Stories than Be a Sick Fuck.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #51 on: July 01, 2006, 05:42:50 am »

Why not both?
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2006, 05:43:41 am »

...because I am choosing you over Q? Is that not OK?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #53 on: July 01, 2006, 05:48:48 am »

Oh you.  You can be sick and under my wing.  This is definitely not a contradiction.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #54 on: July 01, 2006, 05:58:17 am »

Prepare.

It's not the first time she's done this.  I thought it was a special Canadian spelling or something.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #55 on: July 01, 2006, 06:32:41 am »

Yeah, I've always spelled it prepair, and the spell checker here doesn't correct me, but my Canadian dictionary doesn't list it as an alternate spelling, so it ain't a Canadian thing.  As I have noted before I basically can't spell at all, ever.  The nuns cared very little for teach us spelling.  It's all spell checker for me, lads and lassies.  I always connect prepair with repair... hence my spelling, but I'm fairly certain jough is totally right to correct me.  The French word is "preparer" after all - and I know this one for sure.  Considering where http://www.prepair.com/ takes me, I think I'll still use my spelling.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: June 28 2006 - POSTMASTER: *FIND THIS MAN*
« Reply #56 on: July 01, 2006, 11:20:46 am »

wow, I thought I was Q's protege.

I need to figure out who I am emulating.

OK after a second's notice, I would rather Tell Amazing Stories than Be a Sick Fuck.

You haven't been my protege for like... weeks man.  Smells can have you.

(Be careful Smells, he wets if you know what I mean!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up