Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday  (Read 15933 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2006, 10:07:48 pm »

Or I could've just read the next two posts.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 02:19:51 am »

My problem is that I look like OLD Orson Welles.

Interesting tidbit I just pulled from IMDB:

During the scenes where Kane first buys his newspaper and delivers the line about going bankrupt in 60 years, Orson Welles appears to be dressed as himself at his actual age. Welles has indicated in interviews that he was even more made up playing a young man than he was playing Kane as an old one; "temporary" facelifts and hair styling as well as camera tricks make him look much more beautiful than he actually was. Welles said that he spent years living down how far he'd come down from his "youthful looks," when in fact he never really looked that good.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2006, 02:58:13 am »

That is indeed an awesome picture, Q is the surliest fellow I have seen today.
Although Since AW is giving me this vague Terry Pratchett vibe it feels like i'm looking at a picture of a book signing.

Man it cold sucks being aon a separate continent to all you good folk.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2006, 05:47:02 am »

yeah basically Q you look like Orson Welles. Dang.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2006, 10:13:06 am »

Well now I just have to descend into massive corpulence and insanity and the circle will be complete.


I can't wait to do that frozen peas spot.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2006, 01:21:45 pm »

Well now I just have to descend into massive corpulence and insanity and the circle will be complete.


I can't wait to do that frozen peas spot.

They're even better when you're dead!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2006, 01:27:07 pm »

They're even better when you're dead!

Full of concrete goodness and green pea-ness.  (Say it out loud... there we go.)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2006, 09:56:42 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2006, 11:22:10 pm »

AHHH!

I... I think I broke Smells.


My work here is done.


*deletes account*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2006, 06:26:19 am »

OK, did I just Completely Make Up that there used to be a whole series of posts here that talked more about the Frozen Peas? Am I going to be Disappeared for asking? I specifically remember these posts, people...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2006, 07:19:15 am »

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH FROZEN PEAS.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2006, 10:15:59 am »

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH FROZEN PEAS.

*Two Weeks Later*:


WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN AT WAR WITH CANNED PEAS.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2006, 11:58:49 am »

DOUBLE PEA-GOOD
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2006, 12:24:25 pm »

My favourite recent thing on the forums is how someone will make a literary reference and then Q will mention that reference or make another reference to the same work to show that he is AWARE of the reference and therefore also "cool."

Carry on my wayward sons.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: So I met with a Lawyer Yesterday
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2006, 12:25:30 pm »

My favourite recent thing on the forums is how someone will make a literary reference and then Q will mention that reference or make another reference to the same work to show that he is AWARE of the reference and therefore also "cool."

Carry on my wayward sons.

Oh come on!  I only did that because I thought it was pretty funny.  Cause you know.. Canned Peas.


Why must you always assume the worst of me?  Why?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up