yeah, that sounded pretty good.
what it's like being me:
wake up at 1:30 PM because I'm a slob. Put microwaveable pizza in oven. Look for sheet where I wrote down my hours for the week. for about half an hour.
take a shower.
eat the pizza, along with one of those "instant breakfast" shakes.
water my mom's plants (at least, the ones out front.)
worry about whether to water the ones out back. decide that I'll do it when I get home.
go to work. work until 10. a few cute girls come through my line. I fantasize about writing a short story when I get home. The plot is a depressing one, about a guy working in a supermarket. I try to come up with more details, but I realize that most of them are just ripoffs of "A&P" by Mr. Updike.
An old lady leaves one of her bags-- I run out to give it to her, but she's already gone. One guy says to "keep the change." Finish work. check schedule-- I start at 6 AM tommorow.
on the way home, I call christine (a friend of mine). Did she meet up with the guy she likes? No, the plans got messed up because his dad needed the car. Oh well. We talk for a while (until just now, so I suppose it was about 30-40 minutes?) while I cook some Ramen and make lemonade.
And then, I come here. And write a thing stealing an idea from AW, but I am sure he won't mind (I hope).
Sometimes people come through the line that remind me of one or the other of you. I am not sure why, as it's not as if we're talking about Achewood while I scan their groceries.