Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs Return: July '06  (Read 8807 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Blogs Return: July '06
« on: July 04, 2006, 10:28:28 am »

Phillipe's party is perfect: lots of food, sprinklers, sunbathing, many many people, and a host who doesn't mind cleaning the whole dang mess up. He also taps into the common knowledge that only kids know how to make a REAL party. People like to do kid things.

The great thing about the blogs is how they're almost like a strip, but you imagine the events happening yourself, and right now I am imagining Ray's expression when he finds out everyone went to Phillipe's.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 01:05:17 pm »

Am I the only one who, as a child, just hated running around in sprinklers on the lawn?  I could never get over the icky feeling of blades of grass being stuck to my feet and legs.  Eeurgh.

Poor Ray.  He tried to use the power of Google to discover why his party sucked.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 01:32:18 pm »

Am I the only one who, as a child, just hated running around in sprinklers on the lawn?  I could never get over the icky feeling of blades of grass being stuck to my feet and legs.  Eeurgh.

No, you weren't the only one.  However, not having anyone nearby with a pool and having no a/c we didn't have too much of a choice for "cooling off" on a hot summer day, so I participated by default.

"The two greatest words in the English language. DE FAULT DE FAULT!!"

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 02:26:50 pm »

D-FENS!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 05:14:40 pm »

man. I straight-up hated it. But mostly because I hate anything that is cold being on my body.

it has something to do with my extremely low level of body-fat.

also the grass thing sucks.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:57:36 am »

Yeah, never was much for bathing outdoors. I do, however, have fond memories of playing at the rock quarry depository when I was a kid. I don't mind grassy-toes much though, probably because I spend a lot of time barefoot anyways.

I wonder why nobody showed up at Ray's party.

God bless the working stiff!
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 06:31:02 pm »

I never ran through the sprinklers too much as a kid. Growing up around Seattle, summer was our chance to get away from the constant drizzling of water from above. Why do it during the only three or four months out of the year when the sky is clear? Summer is for beaches and pools, complete submersion.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 07:01:59 pm »

The great thing about the blogs is how they're almost like a strip, but you imagine the events happening yourself...
DING DING DING DING DING

I think that's bad 'DING DING DING DING'.

Apart from the lameness (lamity?) of my sentence, did I break any rules here? I'm kind of scared.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 07:05:12 pm »

I think that was "WE HAVE A WINNER!"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 07:08:20 pm »

Yeah, the DINGS are FOR THE WIN.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 07:22:36 pm »

Whew! In that case, thank you Mr Dan. You must understand that at this age there is one thing I crave beyond everything else*: Acceptance. And I do not watch sports which have a ding. Hence my crazy reaction.

*Almost everything else.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 08:08:31 pm »

I do not watch sports which have a ding. Hence my crazy reaction.

I believe the Ding as an indicator of correctness comes from game shows.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2006, 10:42:31 pm »

Philippe clearly didn't test his hypothesis. I got to page 34 with Safe Search turned off and did not see one hot girl-on-bible photo.
Logged

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2006, 11:25:12 pm »

Am I the only one who, when reading Ray's blog, feels the awful sensation of knowing they will never be nearly as cool as an imaginary cat?
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs Return: July '06
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2006, 07:48:40 am »

So, I see Onstad GOT. THE. BIGGEST. SWISS ARMY KNIFE.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up