Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

THIS SPACE FOR RENT
The tip jar is broken, but Wombat will entertain bribe offers, assuming she can find this edit screen again.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy 4th of July  (Read 9392 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 4th of July
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2006, 10:57:36 pm »

I have never lived in a place with 7-11s. They're sorta a novelty to me. I don't think I've ever even been inside one.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 4th of July
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2006, 11:28:49 pm »

Yeah, we have 99 cent refills here too, they just don't make us all hot and bothered.

We have a Free Slurpee Day here, too, although I think they vary it by market.  I remember I was in New Jersey and a friend called me to tell me about Free Slurpee Day and it wasn't FSD in NJ.  Theirs was the month before.

Dude, the place is called 7-11 thus Free Slurpee Day is on 7-11. I don't see how it could possibly be any different.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy 4th of July
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2006, 11:58:48 pm »

We don't have 18's in Ky, but Mrs. West and I used to get Big Gulps when we were in St Louis.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy 4th of July
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2006, 12:10:09 am »

"18s" made me LOL.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy 4th of July
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2006, 03:20:13 am »

wouldn't it be, like, -4?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up