WARNING: I'm going to say some stuff about faith and Judaism. Jough may think it is ridiculous, but I think Jough usually thinks I'm pretty ridiculous anyway. Also, what is said below may or may not reflect the opinions of any given Jewish congregation or organization. Very possibly not, although I think most of it can be supported by a reading of the teachers. Also, I'll probably ramble. This is brought on by theinevitable's post, so I suppose it cannot be prevented, only prepared for.
So you may be aware of Will Eisner's
A Contract With God. It's one of the classic graphic novels, often considered the first true graphic novel (rather than "comic book"), and the title story is possibly the finest work of short Jewish fiction produced in the second half of the twentieth century.
Anyone who reads the story will see the titular contract; it is written on a stone by Frimme Hersh at the beginning of the story. This is not the only contract with God to which the title refers, however. Judaism itself is, in fairly literal and doctrinally-accepted terms, a contract with God. You've probably heard the term "the Ark of the Covenant". A covenant, as you probably know if you stop to think about it, is essentially a notarized contract. The Ark was the stamp of authenticity on the contract between God and the Jews.
(As a possibly-interesting and relevant note, "The Ten Commandments" is a bit of a mistranslation. Jews often translate it as "The Ten Utterances", but it could just as validly be called "The Ten Contractual Terms". The very first is "I Am The Lord Your God" - hardly a commandment, but a pretty clear statement of who exactly the party of the first part is.)
Here's the part where it gets into the matter of faith: None of the terms of the contract demand a belief in God, His absolute power, or the truth of the Torah's stories about the creation of the world and the history of Israel. Obviously, someone who follows the 613 terms of contract presumably has at least a faint belief that they are in some way valid, but there is no demand of unshakeable faith in God or unswerving love thereto. I only believe in God sometimes myself. He is a better Jew who follows the commandments constantly without ever believing that God exists than he who is blind with religious ecstasies and fails to put forth the slightest effort towards the commandments.
Sometimes Christians, who typically put more weight on faith than Jews, are offended by this and think of it as lip service or materialism. To a Jew, lip service is claiming to love God but not following His commandments, while someone who does not believe in God but dutifully follows the mitzvot is much more devoted to the covenant than anyone who is certain of his final reward could be said to be.
I don't know if this is interesting or useful to anyone, but theinev's talk about almost believing Judaism but not having "Faith" made me want to type this up. If all that's stopping you is not being Certain Of God, well, don't let that get in your way. Of course, if you just don't want to or don't feel comfortable with it, then obviously don't. I'm just saying, while a Religious Experience may be nice, it's not everything. (But you'd probably want to stick with "New Reform" or Reconstructionist congregations. Despite my feelings about among the commandments being to learn and question the commandments so we can understand them better, the Orthodox would probably give me long disapproving glares.)