Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!  (Read 9388 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« on: July 07, 2006, 08:29:22 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=07072006

Apparently, the Beatles soundtrack was too much for Ray.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 09:05:25 am »

The final panel had me laughing out loud for a good 10 or 15 seconds. I don't know what it is, but there's something about the simplicity of Ray just replying, "No." It's wonderful.

Bagger?

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 09:23:47 am »

Maybe, I do declare if my mind has not deceived me, this is the first time that Ray and Roast Beef have disagreed on something, especially a prospective business idea. I wonder whatever happened to the days when making a million off of letting people know when they had to buy milk and eggs was still a possibility in Rays mind. This is surely a complete destruction of everything that I have verified as fact on the world: I am lost.

Although, Beef was classic today in his deep subconscious desires for disturbing hot sauce.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2006, 10:55:55 am »

I have to say, today's strip was slightly ruined for me because the art was a little bit too obviously re-used from Monday's strip.

Still, you gotta love it when Beef and Ray are going back and forth on something so silly, especially when it involves one of Ray's business ideas ... I think that this time, though, Beef knows to take it too far so he doesn't end up in another Jaime situation.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 12:27:17 pm »

The "No." was basically wonderful.  This may be the first time Ray actually turned down an idea instead of the other way around (that I can remember). 

I think I would buy a hot sauce like that, for the novelty of it mostly.  I'm pretty much over the horrifying myself phase of my life though so I think I would just give the DVD to my mom for Mother's Day or something.  Maybe with a card that said, "Congrats on Achieving your Citizenship!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 12:36:15 pm »

Oh, I believe in yesterday

Personally, I would welcome the opportunity to be taken outside of my moral comfort zone.  Especially if my vehicle for said venture is hot sauce.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 12:56:55 pm »

Well you can already get Tobasco with a little belt holster but Beef's clip idea is different enough that it might work. They should make you sign a waiver to buy it, like the Flatliner sauce at Buffalo Wing Factory or that cold fire ice cream.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 03:07:41 pm »

The line that had me laughing out loud was "Yeah!  Yeah!  Lots of hot sauces say they're extreme, but none really take you outside of your moral comfort zone!" 

(I take it this occurs everywhere, but here goes:)

For X-mas every year a little booth appears in local malls, and this booth sells only hot sauce of various varieties.  Since my SO's mother is all about things that are extremely spicy/hot, we usually pick some up for her.  I can't remember the full name, but one year we bought her a bottle of "Dr. ______'s Colon Cleaner" which was in a bottle designed to look like old time-y medicine, and basically had me laughing pretty hard when we saw it.  It's true that hot sauces that I've seen often don't hesitate to dance at the line of moral comfort for me, especially the ones that specifically tell you that they will hurt your ass, refer to shitting, etc.  I saw a kit last year for some hot sauce that came in a set with a tiny toilet to serve it out of, toilet paper, and special medicated wipes.  That, for me, is more unpleasant than funny. 

Also, I can't help but think that this strip will lead to still more shameless marketing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2006, 03:22:06 pm »

Oh my word, this is possibly my favourite one off strip in a long time. Everything from the assisted suicide hot sauce, to Yard Dancer, to the moral implications of sauces. Awesome.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 03:30:06 pm »

"Professor Phardtpounder's Colon Cleaner".

I have a bottle right here.

Took a class from him, in college, oddly enough in no way fart-related.

Teevee/film theory class. The entire final was about St. Elsewhere and I got a C-.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2006, 03:38:30 pm »

The line that had me laughing out loud was "Yeah!  Yeah!  Lots of hot sauces say they're extreme, but none really take you outside of your moral comfort zone!" 

(I take it this occurs everywhere, but here goes:)

For X-mas every year a little booth appears in local malls, and this booth sells only hot sauce of various varieties.  Since my SO's mother is all about things that are extremely spicy/hot, we usually pick some up for her.  I can't remember the full name, but one year we bought her a bottle of "Dr. ______'s Colon Cleaner" which was in a bottle designed to look like old time-y medicine, and basically had me laughing pretty hard when we saw it.  It's true that hot sauces that I've seen often don't hesitate to dance at the line of moral comfort for me, especially the ones that specifically tell you that they will hurt your ass, refer to shitting, etc.  I saw a kit last year for some hot sauce that came in a set with a tiny toilet to serve it out of, toilet paper, and special medicated wipes.  That, for me, is more unpleasant than funny. 

Also, I can't help but think that this strip will lead to still more shameless marketing.

Sounds like she needs adjustable hot sauce
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2006, 03:47:43 pm »

Sounds like she needs adjustable hot sauce

A better adjustable hot sauce would have capsaicin locked inside microscopic inert balls floating in suspension in the remainder of the liquid. Turn the dial and you either turn up a magnet or some sort of static electricity (think of how isinglass works) which causes some of the balls to open and release the capsaicin into suspension.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2006, 06:14:28 pm »

Look at Ray in the second to last panel...he's shaking. I took it to be he was shaking because Beef's ideas about the dynamite and the soundtrack took him outside of his 'moral comfort zone'.

My favorite stupid hot sauce is still "Ass in Hell" hot sauce with the bare ass being prodded by little hayfork wielding demons.

The whole hot sauce thing is so stupid and funny. It's my favorite seemingly enduring element of American pop culture.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2006, 06:47:04 pm »

I don't get it. Why is "Yesterday" outside of Ray's moral comfort zone?

..is it because the licensing rights are still owned by Michael Jackson?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: July 7 2006 - Mouth Mace! Daaamn!
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2006, 06:48:14 pm »

Yeah, way too many scatalogical references in the hot sauce world for my taste.

I like El Yucateco green habaņero sauce.  Hot and yet tasty.  Blazing Saddles makes a good habaņero sauce too.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up