Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Richmond.  (Read 5376 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Richmond.
« on: July 08, 2006, 03:21:37 am »

So, if I can get off work, I will totally be in Richmond the week after next with a friend.
Do any of y'all live around there, or know good places there?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 05:31:21 am »

ok, sorry, this was my awkward way of being like "HOBOT I AM COMING TO VISIT YOU" but now I remember that she is out of town.

so, there's that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 10:14:35 am »

She also doesn't have Internet at home right now so she wouldn't have exactly known anyway.


WAY TO GO!  AWKWARD!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 03:52:33 pm »

yeah, well, the other option would have been to try to bring it up somewhere else.

geez! shut up Q!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 04:52:51 pm »

Hey, it's not my fault that you are king of the uncomfortableness.

I mean.. just deal with it.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2006, 04:54:57 pm »

I can't! it's too uncomforta....

damnit!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2006, 07:40:05 pm »

So, if I can get off work, I will totally be in Richmond the week after next with a friend.
Do any of y'all live around there, or know good places there?

My last girlfriend was from Richmond. It was hell of lame. La Hacienda in Midlothian was good though.

Oh, and you should drive on the Po White Parkway. Just because it's there.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2006, 08:36:19 pm »


Oh, and you should drive on the Po White Parkway. Just because it's there.

Are you serious???
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 08:41:02 pm »

Are you serious???

Powhite Parkway

And of course everybody uses the official pronunciation...
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 08:42:39 pm »

Powhite Parkway

And of course everybody uses the official pronunciation...

Thank you - that made my day.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 08:54:42 pm »

I may be in Iowa when you are in town.

You should go to Carytown (mostly to Plan 9, because they have a kick-ass LP collection in the basement).  Agecroft is worth visiting (and near Carytown), if you're into the tourist-y thing.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 09:09:43 pm »

yeah um apparently I might not be able to go. because I suck at being a cashier. because I don't see the point in going as fast as I possibly can when there's only 1 person in the whole store. So, I might not be able to get the week off.

anyway, too bad you won't be there. I'll creepily hang out around your house and take a picture of it, so, you know.

If I can go, I hope I get a paycheck before that. Because buying vinyl is something I need to do.

although the place I go to in Charlotte is sooo cheap. (Bad Brains' I Against I for 7$! "Rock this Town" single by the Stray Cats for 6!)

edit: speaking of records... did I ever tell y'all about the record I bought for 50 cents that is apparently worth like 600$?
here.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2006, 01:58:41 am »

Dude, if you're into old 80s vinyl I've got a tonne of it in my basement collecting dust.  For postage I'll send you whatever you want.

List forthcoming.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2006, 05:04:07 am »

wow.

that is a pretty fantastic thing.
...hobot might fight me for it.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2006, 05:29:51 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 06:28:03 am »

Yeah, I have a video camera.  We can make this work. I'm thinking a pay-per-view thing, or maybe a web site.  Hot Hobot fighting action or something.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up