Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Richmond.  (Read 5364 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2006, 06:34:18 am »

Hot Hobot fighting action

Dirty!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2006, 01:09:28 pm »

Yeah, I have a video camera.  We can make this work. I'm thinking a pay-per-view thing, or maybe a web site.  Hot Hobot fighting action or something.

Mud, oil, or Jell-O?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2006, 01:14:19 pm »

Mud, oil, or Jell-O?

No...  to the pain!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 03:24:16 pm »

oh wierd. I had a dream that I met hobot just now. and I met her dad, and he was like "this is a boy from the Internet? What? what?"
but, because it was a dream, I was in Richmond because I was doing something for Science. so I was supposed to interview/examine ms. Hobot's father, but it was awkward for me to do this.

I have wierd dreams.

for some reason, most of the dream consisted of Hobot cooking various things while I tried to carry on a conversation.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2006, 04:45:57 pm »

I was in Richmond because I was doing something for Science. so I was supposed to interview/examine ms. Hobot's father, but it was awkward for me to do this.

They do have one of those kidteractive learnatoria there with the hands-on demonstration games and, I believe, an IMax movie.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2006, 05:09:03 pm »

They do have one of those kidteractive learnatoria there with the hands-on demonstration games and, I believe, an IMax movie.

The Science Museum of Virginia!  This is actually located somewhat near my house.  But theinevitable, if you want some real science action, accompany me to work one day!  I will anaesthetise pregnant mice in front of your very eyes, collect the still-living (hearts still beating) embryos from their womb, and suspend them in cryo-liquid!  I will perform PCR, endlessly pipetting sample after sample after sample as your eyelids droop and your patience wears thin!  I will photograph agarose gels and contaminate the labs with ethidium bromide, putting everyone at risk!  The fun never ends when it is SCIENCE! time!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2006, 09:09:48 pm »

I will photograph agarose gels and contaminate the labs with ethidium bromide, putting everyone at risk!  The fun never ends when it is SCIENCE! time!

Damn straight. The Science! lifestyle is a non-stop rollercoaster of fun and frolic!

The contamination bit reminds me of an short documentary made by a friend of mine last semester documenting an average day in her chemistry lab -- a day in which she, a woman of average height, constantly had to go on tiptoes or stand on stools in order to reach chemicals (most of which were not things you would want to drop) or operate equipment, and in which she got into any number of dangerous and unpleasant situations just because she was less than 5'10". It had an impressive moral ("if even this very new lab space built by an allegedly-progressive college is a goddamn deathtrap for women, is it any wonder that chemistry is a boys' club?") and was a pretty classic example of Fun In The Lab, Oh Boy.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2006, 10:29:14 pm »

Is it weird that there are three ladies on this board who have had torturing and/or executing rodents as part of their everyday work?  Or is there just more of this going on American society than most of us imagine? 

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2006, 03:30:52 am »

Hobot, you have made me want to cry that I probably won't be able to come.

I am such a bad cashier. SO BAD.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2006, 04:10:24 am »

Hobot, you have made me want to cry that I probably won't be able to come.

Out of context'd!

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2006, 11:07:28 am »

Out of context'd!

Glad I wasn't the only one who read that inappropriately.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2006, 06:40:55 pm »

Hobot, you have made me want to cry that I probably won't be able to come.

Out of context'd!

Glad I wasn't the only one who read that inappropriately.

I didn't read it out of context.  Thank you for pointing that out to me.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2006, 10:50:14 pm »

yeah, I'm not going to be able to come at all.

sorry for getting your hopes up. I'm sure they'll let you return all the fine wine and delicious meals and condoms and such.

fun story: this couple came in and bought Wine, 2 Steaks, 2 potatos, butter, and lube.

the lube would not ring up.

I tried so hard not to laugh. I reached for the microphone to call for a price check.
and the lady got this horrified expression on her face, and then said "we won't be needing that."
"um, are you sure honey? *plaintively*"
"yes. We don't need it."

I feel like I already told this story.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 04:07:49 am »

In the event of lube it's always "the lube" and never "your lube."  Try not to assign ownership in the event of lube.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Richmond.
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25:43 am »

Dude should look at it optimistically.  Maybe she has a fetish for being caught buying something mundanely salacious amongst miscellany in a grocery store.  Maybe, just maybe, she was saying "We don't need it because now I am all wet; let us away to the homestead where we will commence with the bumping and grinding!"


But yes.. probably not.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up