Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul  (Read 7070 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:53:40 pm »

But on my walk today, I could not resist snapping this shot.

I changed the caption to suit me, but it still fits I think.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 02:16:21 pm »

Dude, Bela Lugosi is dead.

Sorry that's all I've got.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 05:33:59 pm »

Dude, Bela Lugosi is dead.

Sorry that's all I've got.

Strangely enough Martin Landau isn't!

That's okay.  At least you tried Doc.  Unlike all these other fucks!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2006, 06:11:55 pm »

But on my walk today, I could not resist snapping this shot.

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I won't be there to see Steely Dan play in Houston next weekend.  Why you gotta be so cruel?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 06:43:00 pm »

Yeah, thanks for reminding me that I won't be there to see Steely Dan play in Houston next weekend.  Why you gotta be so cruel?

~Paul

I- I'm sorry....



but mostly that you like Steely Dan.   :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 07:58:37 pm »

The caption is pretty precious.

(Also: hi. I feel vaguely insulted that there's been no "Where's V?!" thread.)
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 08:00:38 pm »

The caption is pretty precious.

(Also: hi. I feel vaguely insulted that there's been no "Where's V?!" thread.)

Hi V!  People had asked (mostly on IRC) and I think the consensus was that you had gradumamated and "stuff" was going down.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 08:05:26 pm »

Hi V!  People had asked (mostly on IRC) and I think the consensus was that you had gradumamated and "stuff" was going down.

For "stuff going down," please insert "my grandmother died very suddenly and we had to leave town in a rush."

... er, not to be a downer.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2006, 08:07:19 pm »

For "stuff going down," please insert "my grandmother died very suddenly and we had to leave town in a rush."

... er, not to be a downer.

Wow.. I-  I'm sorry.  Yeah, that... basically sucks.




... so Steely Dan huh?    No.. I can't come back from that.  Nevermind... sorry.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2006, 10:47:12 pm »

Woh, that does stone cold suck V. I had noticed you were gone by the way, just not a good enough friend to post a thread.
I almost went to another Bela Lugosi joke there but I need to keep reminding myself that not everyone deals with their grief with tasteless humour.

Steering the conversation back towards topic for a moment: Sarah Jessica Parker was in Ed Wood? That's kind of random. I really should see that movie, it's a personal failing of mine that I haven't yet.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 10:52:56 pm »

Sorry about your grandma, V. Having some crazy midwestern relatives m'self, I'm sorry for what these last few weeks have put you through.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2006, 11:08:39 pm »

Steering the conversation back towards topic for a moment: Sarah Jessica Parker was in Ed Wood? That's kind of random. I really should see that movie, it's a personal failing of mine that I haven't yet.

A lot of people I know hate that movie to hell but I think it's basically pretty good.  Patricia Arquette is in it, as is Bill Murray, Ed Rooney from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and the kid who played Vinnie on Doogie Howser M.D.

So yeah, despite Sarah Jessica Parker it's really quite good.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2006, 11:41:43 pm »

I was talking about Ed Wood with a friend the other day. Turns out the only reason he'd even heard of Orson Welles was from that movie. This man is 25 years old, and he's never heard of Citizen Kane? Or even the peas thing? Or, say, the voice of freakin' Unicron? I think I hid my astonishment pretty well.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2006, 11:42:29 pm »

I was talking about Ed Wood with a friend the other day. Turns out the only reason he'd even heard of Orson Welles was from that movie. This man is 25 years old, and he's never heard of Citizen Kane? Or even the peas thing? Or, say, the voice of freakin' Unicron? I think I hid my astonishment pretty well.

Or even the constant Pinky and The Brain ripoffs?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I am sorry to steal your Schtick Paul
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2006, 02:00:06 am »

Actually, V, in one of the angry religion threads we talked about where you might be.  I think someone said that you were on vacation and didn't have internet access.

I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up