Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram  (Read 8235 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07132006

Oh, this is a fuck*ng classic on so many levels.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 05:47:12 am »

OH GOD BEEF I LOVE YOU HAVE MY RETARDED INTERNET BABY!

Seriously... I can't say anything else about this.  It is perfect.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 05:50:39 am »

Ray has the most perfect pissed-off parent "I can't take you anywhere" look in the last panel.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 05:55:10 am »

Okay, other notations as an afterthought:

- Beef is all buttoned to the utmost whereas Ray lays it back and low open-necked like an alleycat.
- Leo, despite having "Rockin' Thighs" also has a gut?
- Beef's almost hope "Oh man what if this is a thing?" dashed against the rocks by the end.  With Ray around as his "measure up to" and the constant environs he's subjected to thusly, is it any wonder he buries shirts in the backyard?  I mean really.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:06:49 am »

Beef's mouth totally disappearing with shame is also classic.

Furthermore, I want a tank top with an insect diagram. Well, as long as it was a sufficiently sweet insect. Roaches, probably not, but a praying mantis? Sweet!
Logged

Fooker

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -18
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 193
  • domesticated troll
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 07:06:54 am »

I see a familiar ponytail.
Logged
NONSENSICAL STATEMENT INVOLVING PLANKTON

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 07:20:02 am »

This was a very compelling strip, something that's felt rare of late in Achewood. The panels were varied, the art carried the story, the dialogue complimented the whole presentation. Quite good.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

Noah

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 200
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 07:33:34 am »

yeah i swear you can see showbiz's silhouette/shadow on that weird window thing
Logged

Apemantus

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 08:23:34 am »

So this is the second time in a couple of days that Beef has pissed off Ray by going too far. Could this be the beginning of the end for our dynamic duo? Find out next time on etc etc.

edit: Fixed link coding
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 01:39:48 pm by AugustWest »
Logged

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 09:08:04 am »

Rockin' thighs dude!
Good observation on this one. I mean, some guys are obviously out of shape but have knotted and taut thighs/forearms.
Is this the result of an unbalanced workout?
All riding an exercise bike whilst chugging down scotch?
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 10:45:36 am »

I rarely actually chuckle at a strip. But this one did it.

Maybe he's one of those guys who has the gut that's actually way too much stomach muscle? You know what I'm talking about? Those guys kinda creep me out.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 12:00:17 pm »

This isn't quite doing it for me, but there's something there. I do like that he looks to Ray but there is no help there.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2006, 12:22:39 pm »

Rockin' thighs dude!
Good observation on this one. I mean, some guys are obviously out of shape but have knotted and taut thighs/forearms.
Is this the result of an unbalanced workout?
All riding an exercise bike whilst chugging down scotch?

For some reason I get the feeling that Ray's gym has more in common with a country club than, say, Bally's ... there's probably a few weight benches and exercise machines around, maybe a couple tennis courts outside, but it's all negated by the bar, some recliners, and a few flat-panel TVs where most of its members spend their time.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2006, 01:41:04 pm »

You know, when a guy reaches a certain age it's not uncommon to be in reasonably good shape yet still retain something of a gut.

I'm just saying...
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

cellardoor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 282
    • View Profile
Re: 7-13-06 -- and a man can't wear a tank top with an insect diagram
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2006, 02:17:04 pm »

Yeah, the wonder gut.
I guess it just means your "stout" or "a heavy drinker" or something.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up