Here's what I really did. I looked up a store I wanted to visit on Google.
Once I had the address, I put it in streets and trips, and set out, GPS navigation on high.
When I arrived, it was a soccer field.
I then gave up and went back to my hotel. Today, I got out of class at 12, and my flight left at 7. I drove to the Grapevine Mall and walked around, and saw Superman Returns. These are all things I could do at home.
The airport is clustery. Too big to serve itself. The highlight was driving into the airport in a rental car, being given a parking tag, driving to the south gate of the airport and turning in that parking tag, before hitting the rental lot.
Now that I am armed with information, I will be prepared for when I go to Dallas on 7/31 for another week. Here's hoping that the temperature sticks to rational numbers next time I'm there.
Thanks for the info, Paul!