Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63183 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #135 on: October 10, 2006, 03:20:41 pm »

Giraffe placenta just found a new best friend: seal sex noises.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #136 on: October 10, 2006, 03:23:54 pm »

:: hangs head in shame ::
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #137 on: October 10, 2006, 03:28:13 pm »

So glad to have you back, JL  :-\

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #138 on: October 10, 2006, 04:13:49 pm »

I think what throws me off about that most is that I associate candy-pinkness of that tone with more... anatomically correct sex toys? Vibrators shaped like cartoon animals should be, like, bright lavender, in my opinion.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2006, 04:46:02 pm »

JL, if I was your bairn I'd be one proud son. If only all kids could have a mother who has done a Show and Tell on her seal-emblazoned vibrator.

Speaking from a professional point of view, is the seal's position along the phallus adjustable for women of all shapes and sizes?

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2006, 07:22:43 pm »

Judy... you want your mom to show you her sex toys?

...hell of oedipal.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2006, 09:50:28 pm »

I think what throws me off about that most is that I associate candy-pinkness of that tone with more... anatomically correct sex toys? Vibrators shaped like cartoon animals should be, like, bright lavender, in my opinion.

I agree.  I was seriously disappointed that they were out of the turquoise variety. 

Speaking from a professional point of view, is the seal's position along the phallus adjustable for women of all shapes and sizes?

No.  But the tail does gyrate.  It has a separate control from the nose-vibration function.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #142 on: October 13, 2006, 06:03:17 pm »

::Grabs thread with both hands, yanks it back on topic::

Wombat, did you recieve your hair product yet?  Does it work? 

We're dying to know.  I'm half tempted to go ahead and place an order now, but I promised myself I'd wait for your review. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #143 on: October 13, 2006, 07:23:40 pm »

I just got it - I have only used it a couple of times, so I am still thinking about it.  It's weird to wash your hair with something that doesn't lather - I think it takes longer (even if you don't follow their absurdly complicated instructions) because it's harder to be sure you've got it spread out everywhere.  It certainly does clean my hair - I was actually a little dubious about that - and it does not make my head itchy.

But does it make my hair astonishingly more beautiful?  Not immediately.  It is not a magical effect that has instantly changed my life or anything.

Still, I think I have to use it longer to decide if it is worth using anyway.  I mean, there are so many different varibles that go into whether any given day is a good or bad hair day.  And I have to figure out whether to also use it as a 'leave-in conditioner' or not. And I don't like my most recent haircut that much, so... many variables.

It sure smells nice though. 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2006, 12:26:52 am »

Hm.  So are you supposed to use this stuff in the shower, or does it get smeared it on your dry head, or do you have the option?  Something in your post made it sound like you were using it in the shower, but I'm not sure what.

I have really short hair right now so I imagine it won't be too hard to spread around, even without absurdly complicated instructions.  Does it moisten your hair and help you smush it into a style, or will it make unruly hair simply unruly plus clean?  I imagine (based on my experience with their styling creme) that it works as a "cleanse as you style" type of product but you never know.  Also, what if I have styling products in my hair?  Does it magically remove that too, or is it designed more for dealing with scalp oil and dirt? 

Maybe you should wash half your head with Wen and the other half with your regular shampoo and see how that goes. 

After that, could you do me a favor and rub this makeup into your eyes, and tell me if it stings? 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2006, 12:59:04 am »


You use it like a shampoo, except it doesn't lather, and then you can put more on and leave it in. The instructions are here:
http://www.chazdean.com/wenusage.html

I guess they are pretty much just instructions for washing your hair, but they seem awfully nitpicky.

So far I don't think I like the effect of leaving it in - my hair feels soft, but I have very fine hair and it seems like the least bit of anything weighs it down and makes it look limper without having any real effect on the parts that are unruly.  And since I don't spend a lot of time running my fingers through my own hair, I am more concerned with how it looks than how it feels.

I except that really you are supposed to use this stuff to clean and then the stuff that you already have to style.  I mean, if only because why wouldn't they want to sell you two things if they could instead of only selling you one?


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2006, 04:40:56 am »

I think I'm growing hell of ovaries just reading this thread.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2006, 04:51:08 am »

August shoots and he scores.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2006, 01:05:14 pm »

August's ovaries FTW.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2006, 09:40:17 pm »

I think I'm growing hell of ovaries just reading this thread.

"Unnngh...." *Pop!* "unnngh...." *Pop!* ..."AWestina want hair product!  AWestina want hair product!  Raagh!"
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19   Go Up