Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63008 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 06:03:01 am »

I usually wash my hair about once a week, but that is the number of showers I take as well.  My hair is an afro though that looks better un-washed.  By better I mean more insane.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 07:04:25 am »

man, the mental picture I have for you is my favorite.

kind of a baseball player type with a mustache. and there's all this cocaine caked in the 'stache. and he has an afro. and he's all grimy. and he smells like 1000000 cigarettes. and he's wearing a baseball uniform. intense.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2006, 07:14:54 am »

Man that mental picture is pretty close, but I will not ruin it by fixing the parts that are wrong.


I also meant to say two showers a week, but for some reason I said one.  In reality it is 2-3.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 06:40:48 pm »

Me being in a clique of filthy college DJ hipsters with ornate and senseless hair have gotten into contests of how long we can go without washing our hair.  A month, usually.  Sometimes longer.  Usually longer.  Hair before music, as we always say.  I hope it grosses all of you out.  Heroin-chic, as they say.

Someone mentioned gentleness and that is it.  I now forego shampoo, and use some fancy detergent-free Wen conditioner that cleans without the harsh stripping of oils that normal shampoo does, which I absolutely cannot stand.  Agitates the scalp.
Logged
R U Passionate??

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 06:48:37 pm »

The truth is, that I lied before. 

I do not wash my hair every day. 

I would like to think I wash my hair every day, but in fact, for the summer months, when I am not publically employed, it can be 2 pm before I even consider getting out of my pj's - like today.  It is only when I am in the public eye that I wash my hair daily.  Right now, if I must be out in public, I usually just toss on a hat so no one can see the oily mess that is my hair.

I'm sorry that I lied to you. 

I hope none of you felt pressure to live up to my false standard of daily hair washing. 

I am so sorry.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 02:43:40 am »

Sometimes I wash my hair several times a day. Like when I load it with henna. Also, pretty much the only way I can coax myself out of bed is by promising myself a hot shower immediately. Then, if I go outside hiking, or if I go work out, I will almost always take another shower and wash my hair again. My landlord charges $1.75 to wash and $1.75 to dry, so I figure it's cheaper for me to wash my person each night before going to bed rather than fork out more quarters to wash my sheets more often than once a week. If I am too tired to wash up before bed, I just put a towel over my pillow and call it good.

Dang, I hope that isn't as weird and Howard Hughes-ish as it sounds.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 04:11:16 am »

Only if you keep little moist towelettes on your person so you can clean your hands after touching someone else.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 05:59:34 am »

I originally understood it as your landlord charging you to wash and dry yourself.

that would be pretty awesome, and horrible.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 06:25:14 am »

I originally understood it as your landlord charging you to wash and dry yourself.

that would be pretty awesome, and horrible.

It KILLS ME to pay those prices for laundry. All the other places I have lived had washer/dryer units in the apartment. I was used to doing a load of laundry every day if I wanted. I could come home from working out, wash my workout clothes in hot water and extra detergent, and have them dry and ready for the next day. Since I can't bring myself to wear dirty clothes to the gym, and I only have 3 sports bras, I typically only work out 3 times a week because I don't want to spend the extra money to do more laundry. The obvious answer would be to buy 5 sets of workout gear (#####, since I wont' wear shorts), but I don't have that kind of money. It infuriates me. I just want to save up enough to buy a goddamn house that has its own fuck*ng washer and dryer.

I basically spend more on laundry than I do on petrol for my fuck*ng car. And gasoline here is $3.60 a gallon! It makes me FURIOUS just to think about how much money I give my landlord!

Whoa, take a deep breath there. Okay. I'm better now.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 07:21:55 am »

...is there a laundromat?

those prices seemed reasonable to me, and then I realized that I spent like 1.00$ doing laundry the time I went to a laundromat (or rather, the laundry room in the basement of a college dorm.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 03:05:11 pm »

RP: Can't you just get oil like, out of the ground up there? 

It's not quite $3.60/gal here yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

It won't be long now before petrol costs more per gallon than bottled water or Fourbucks coffee.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2006, 03:56:03 am »

RP: Can't you just get oil like, out of the ground up there? 

It's not quite $3.60/gal here yet, but I'm sure it will be soon.

It won't be long now before petrol costs more per gallon than bottled water or Fourbucks coffee.

No, the free cash money straight outta the ground is only in ANWR, or so the GOP keeps telling us. All we have here is tundra, foxes, and a million stray cats.  And no, there's no laundromat. We have an island with a population less than my high school, we're lucky to have a grocery store. And 12 miles to the west is an active volcano, but nobody's figured out how to harness geothermal power here. We had some dudes from Iceland come out, but somehow it got all political. I don't know.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2006, 08:15:31 pm »

Jough, the get the oil out of the ground in AK, but they refine it in Texas.

I slept in a bed for the first time in a week last night, but I have washed my hair everyday.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2006, 10:20:32 pm »

And they refine oil from Texas in Philadelphia.  Go figure.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2006, 01:30:10 am »

The gas we get is refined here fom oil that is from Indonesia. We don't get American or OPEC oil here. Gas is $3.12 a gallon today (Labor day)
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19   Go Up