Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am composing a tone poem about eagles, lawnmowers, and Ted Nugent. It is composed only of the sounds of those things.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shirts as communication  (Read 6022 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Shirts as communication
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2003, 08:58:30 pm »

My Japanese class has a lot of this stuff -- one guy owns both a Homestar hoodie and an 8-Bit Theater shirt, which is some sort of divine concordance.

I do, however, have a disturbing trend of getting bugged by professors about my Wigu-related shirts. (My Neuroscience prof appears to dig my "Not a Doctor" shirt, which is good, but having a really awkward conversation last week with my Japanese professor about my "ceci n'est pas une potato" shirt just got really odd really fast.)
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Shirts as communication
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 04:06:31 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
I do, however, have a disturbing trend of getting bugged by professors about my Wigu-related shirts. (My Neuroscience prof appears to dig my "Not a Doctor" shirt, which is good, but having a really awkward conversation last week with my Japanese professor about my "ceci n'est pas une potato" shirt just got really odd really fast.)


This reminds me of a scene from "Lost in Translation:"  there is a wonderful scene where Bill Murray's character meets a Japanese man in a bar who speaks no English, but fluent French and attempts a conversation with him.  I highly recommend this movie to anyone it's got a decent ammount of depth for a comedy.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Shirts as communication
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 09:01:25 pm »

I saw lots of homestar and strongbad shirts at the Weird Al show a couple of months ago.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Twelvebottoms

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bumface.co.uk
Shirts as communication
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2003, 08:49:03 pm »

I saw an American wearing a Homestar T-shirt in Florence, Italy.  Do I win €5?
Logged
[size=9]The poorly-educated also enjoy Achewood![/size]

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shirts as communication
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2003, 08:52:23 pm »

Quote from: "Twelvebottoms"
I saw an American wearing a Homestar T-shirt in Florence, Italy.  Do I win €5?


No, but you have to pay us each 40 euros for asking.

Welcome to the board.  We accept Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.

Twelvebottoms

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bumface.co.uk
Shirts as communication
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2003, 09:03:07 pm »

I'll give you €80 each if you can tell me if Leisuretown has been archived, and where.

(not really)
Logged
[size=9]The poorly-educated also enjoy Achewood![/size]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Shirts as communication
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2003, 09:51:05 pm »

Quote from: "Twelvebottoms"
I'll give you €80 each if you can tell me if Leisuretown has been archived, and where.

The burning question, indeed...
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up