Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island  (Read 4672 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« on: July 17, 2006, 03:48:52 am »

This arc is only a rough chuckle because I've had a death in the family paralleling Mr. Fontanette's demise.
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 04:01:15 am »

It certainly adds another few items to the Achewood slang list, if nothing else.

And why is Ray holding his phone out in front of him like a walkie-talkie? Or wearing a T-shirt, for that matter?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 04:02:37 am »

This shit is the Bahamas, man.

The fuck*ng Bahamas.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 04:15:03 am »

Spiked collar?  WTF?  Is Beef suddenly Bowzer from Sha Na Na?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 04:25:42 am »

I am desperately fond of the idea that the most "stone" anything could be is "Druids on Easter Island." Otherwise... yeah. These chuckles? They're rough.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 05:04:49 am »

Spiked collar?  WTF?  Is Beef suddenly Bowzer from Sha Na Na?
I think it's a list (collar, spikes) of proper golf wear.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 05:10:34 am by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 05:10:37 am »

hm, so, this new Beef facial expression really bothers me.

and it bothers me equally that I noticed it. Have we seen this before? the one in panel 3? it looks too... I don't know. not Achewood.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 05:15:33 am »

hm, so, this new Beef facial expression really bothers me.

and it bothers me equally that I noticed it. Have we seen this before? the one in panel 3? it looks too... I don't know. not Achewood.
You mean the little :-\ that he does? I'd rather see that than no mouth at all (third-to-last panel) ... that's just kinda strange.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 05:56:10 am »

dude, yes! that's why it looked wierd!

I like neither of these.

I am in a wierd critical mood lately. today was the first time that a specific thing in a movie annoyed me so much that I couldn't enjoy the rest of it. Why do people use voiceovers? WTF, Shopgirl?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 08:47:46 am »

This strip was rough chuckles but it always kind of throws me when they make overt references to the fact that these are talking cats.
Maybe it's just that I don't like to see Onstad go down the 'haha they think they are people' road, as the movie Cars proved things that people would do do not become funny just because non-humans are doing them.
And I think the spikes referred to the collar but I'm willing to be wrong because the shoes would be a much classier move.

Also I didn't get what fairway referred to at first, I thought it was some kind of highway or something and that got me thinking about what kind of game he'd be playing I was all 'Wait, was he a dog? Are they referring to chasing cars now? I thought dogs were all idiots in the achewood universe?'
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

ananke

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 74
  • !لو ائكل الخنزير لأموت
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 09:19:05 am »

I think it's a list (collar, spikes) of proper golf wear.

Pretty sure he just means collared shirt and cleats.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 11:38:46 am »

Scared Heart Syndrome is when the heart breaks off to try to escape the attack; Sacred Heart Syndrome, on the other hand, is a heart attack induced by the unbearable weight of guilt upon your very soul.

I am pretty sure that the sentence "Wear a collar, spikes OK" can be interpreted like one of those lazy newspaper sentences in which journalists use commas to replace the word "and."  I believe it also implies that it is not such a sombre service that a relaxing game of golf afterward is not permitted.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 12:18:58 pm »

"Who ate it" made my day. I love the talking cats.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 12:34:56 pm »

I believe it also implies that it is not such a sombre service that a relaxing game of golf afterward is not permitted.

I think it means that they are having the service on a golf course and that you should be properly attired as such.

However, golf afterwards will be de rigueur.

I mean, this is Ray and friends we're talking about.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 20060717: Druid people at Easter Island
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 01:11:10 pm »

It certainly adds another few items to the Achewood slang list, if nothing else.

And why is Ray holding his phone out in front of him like a walkie-talkie? Or wearing a T-shirt, for that matter?

Because Ray is, if nothing else, an ass. I frickin' hate people who do this. Yes, your phone has a speaker function, good for you. That doesn't mean that you're required to hold it 2 feet from your head so we can all hear you yelling into it and the tinny voice coming out.

I'm also going to assume that by collar Ray means a polo/golf shirt, not a real collared shirt.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up