Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat changed her avatar back and no one noticed. Her feelings are hurt.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: National Ice Cream Day  (Read 5903 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
National Ice Cream Day
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:04:18 am »

I've been craving ice cream ever since I read August's diary from yesterday.  So when I read today that it's National Ice Cream Day I just couldn't resist.  I headed on over to the store down at the end of the street, the one that sells soft serve.  Lo and behold they had bananna, just like August had, and just exactly what I wanted.  It was delicious.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 06:15:35 am »

wow, apparently I celebrated National Ice Cream Day! I never eat icecream anymore, now that I have started a thing where instead of eating dessert late at night, I eat something healthy-er (a sandwich, or something. like a meal.) But today was my friends birthday, so we ate some Bluebell Ice Cream (on sale at your local Bi-Lo! half off!) Generally considered the best icecream In the World. Although I find it a little too sweet, personally.

the apostrophe key is still being strange. It seems that, perhaps, I have set the apostrophe to be some kind of shortcut key? when I hit that key, it goes to the "find on this page" bar.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 08:53:04 am »

I am in the wrong country to celebrate Ice-Cream day so I'll just have to go without but I had to post to say Paul, that is the most respectable picture of a man wearing a muscle shirt I have ever seen. That mustache is truly a thing of power (as if we didn't already know).

Edit: ok it's not exactly a muscle shirt, some kind of short sleeved t-shirt. My point was that whatever your wearing you always give me the impression it's becuase you just happened to take off your three piece suit for a moment. Possibly because it doesn't photograph well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:09:31 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 09:27:23 am »

Yesterday, I went to the Royal International Air Tattoo as it is four miles from my house. Due to the heat, I had lots of ice cream. LOTS. The power of National Ice Cream day is potent indeed.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 12:40:15 pm »

I had some CUNT sorbet yesterday, on account of the strep. It was just as good as actual ice cream. I may have to buy some more.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2006, 12:53:38 pm »

I only found out about National Ice Cream Day at the last moment, so I had to make do.  I had a box of mochi ice cream bonbons in the freezer that I had kept for too long, and the mochi coating had gotten all nasty, but I hadn't been able to bear to throw them away, because it was the rare and wonderful Black Sesame flavor.  I realized that I could peel off the mochi and eat the ice cream inside.  So that was my celebration.

 
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2006, 01:19:19 pm »

Somehow I doubt we here have a National Ice Cream day. I consider that a good thing.

Not that I don't love ice cream, don't get me wrong!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2006, 01:24:37 pm »

I had vanilla bean ice cream with cut up fresh peaches last night. 

Today I'm getting back to my diet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2006, 02:15:00 pm »

I would prefer cake.

But really:

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2006, 02:21:31 pm »

For everyone watching their intake: http://www.skinnycow.com. The only thing of theirs that I've seen locally are the vanilla ice cream sandwiches, but they are lovely.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2006, 02:37:37 pm »

For everyone watching their intake: http://www.skinnycow.com.

Creepiest logo contest winner announced!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2006, 02:40:41 pm »

Creepiest logo contest winner announced!

Yeah seriously.. that's like the dream of some horrible Furry.  If I'm going to take Ice Cream from a cow I definitely do not want it smiling coquettishly at me all such as "Hey sailor!"

It gives me the jibblies.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2006, 05:29:00 pm »

I second the skinny cow sandwiches. Very good.

Also, the Edy's light ice cream is just incredible. It's indistinguishable from normal ice cream.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2006, 06:57:48 pm »

a lady bought those skinny cow sandwiches the other day, and I, too, was struck by the scary lady on the logo.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: National Ice Cream Day
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2006, 08:53:45 pm »

We have Skinny Cow milk, and yeah, that cow's unnerving, isn't it?

Anyway, I just ate a vanilla Drumstick in honor of the day. Tonight: some awesome watermelon sherbet.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up