Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon  (Read 12284 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2006, 08:26:11 am »

I just wanted to post again because my status was "Wow, 187 posts!"

Also, I completely agreed with Limmo on his last post (well, the last two sentences may or may not happen, but they could).  Funny how we probably see very similar to the same view, just different ways of getting to it, I guess.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2006, 07:24:15 pm »

Funny how we probably see very similar to the same view, just different ways of getting to it, I guess.

Not really. Israel's destruction is a stated goal of its neighbors.  We could just shrug our shoulders and leave them to their demise - which seems to me what you advocate - and that would certainly be the easier course for the United States.  It just wouldn't be the moral course.

It's interesting to read about Harry S. Truman's involvement with the creation of Israel in light of the current situation.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2006, 08:07:43 pm »

I don't think the United States not supporting Israel would be the demise of Israel.  I don't think supporting them is the moral choice either.  I don't want the Jews destroyed or anything, like you seem to think I do.  I just think it is dumb that the soil is so important to these people (all of them), but this has been talked about already.  And as Doc said, all of these peoples invisible sky Gods are so important, which is why this is happening.  There is certainly no easy solution.

I guess we don't agree.  eh, whatever.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2006, 08:27:18 pm »

I just think it is dumb that the soil is so important to these people (all of them), but this has been talked about already.  And as Doc said, all of these peoples invisible sky Gods are so important, which is why this is happening.  There is certainly no easy solution.

I guess we don't agree.  eh, whatever.


We agree on the stuff I quoted above.  But yeah, whatever.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2006, 09:14:54 pm »

Apathy fixes everything!

Yayy!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2006, 05:30:58 am »

Paul, you made possibly the most uncivil post in the whole benighted thread when you used the term "sand-niggers".

Soooo.....

You can't use a racial epithet even when putting words into the mouth of alleged bigots in a fictional account of history?

Well now I know.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2006, 07:46:30 pm »

It's just not the best way to make a statement for civility. But, whatever. You got stress of your own.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2006, 01:51:40 am »

I would just like to say I do not believe that the Jews are responsible for all the wars of the world.


basically fuck mel gibson, he has never been in a good movie anyway
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Israel/Hezbollah War in Lebanon
« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2006, 04:16:46 am »

Hey, just because he was drunk doesn't mean he wasn't right.  I mean, let's not dismiss the possibility just because he's Mel Gibson.  Because clearly, those two Israeli soldiers were just asking to be kidnapped, and of course Israel demanded that Hezbollah fire missles into their civilian population.  Let's place blame where it's due.

Gibson's half-hearted apology today reminded me of when I was a kid and called my friend an asshole in front of my mother.  When she made me apologise to him, I told him "I'm sorry you're an asshole."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up