Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 July 2006 - All adding ten pounds and an opinion about famous car drivers  (Read 10028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07212006

My favorite detail in this strip is the revelation that Rays serves cake at his parties. The man has class.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

After posting this thread, I felt inclined to search for a particular comic from the archives. It's the one with older, fatter Philippe going "whatever, fag" to I forget whom. Anyway, seeing a fat Roast Beef from an alternate reality really reminded me of that strip. Hell if I could find it, though.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 05:51:37 pm by melack »
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Cheeo up, hamburger.  If you try hard enough you just might find it.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mr. Chord

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • Cheshire smirk
    • View Profile

After posting this thread, I felt inclined to search for a particular comic from the archives. It's the one with older, fatter Philippe going "whatever, fag" to I forget whome. Anyways, seeing a fat Roast Beef from an alternate reality really reminded me of that strip. Hell if I could find it, though.

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08012003

Good thread title.

This strip is solid. Onstad's been on fire of late.
Logged
---

I had to get out of there. I took the stairs.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile

I think this thread can help us all identify with beef just a little bit more.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'

Beef, I know what you mean! 

I have yet to find a photo where I do not basically look either 6 years-old or like some big doofus.  Nevermind the fact that I might actually be a 6-year-old doofus.

That last photo of Beef just makes him look like a Mafia Don.  The first one is horrendous.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

Correct thread title. Thank you.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

THIS IS ALSO WHY I LOOK FAT IN PHOTOS

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

After posting this thread, I felt inclined to search for a particular comic from the archives. It's the one with older, fatter Philippe going "whatever, fag" to I forget whome. Anyways, seeing a fat Roast Beef from an alternate reality really reminded me of that strip. Hell if I could find it, though.

That strip is from the day after the Dumbrella forum closed and TOUAMB was created. It's very special to all of us who were here on Day 1.

Nice pit-stains on Beef in the last panel.
Logged

jcreed

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 37
    • View Profile
    • http://jcreed.org

Nice pit-stains on Beef in the last panel.

Eyebrows, too.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

That strip is from the day after the Dumbrella forum closed and TOUAMB was created. It's very special to all of us who were here on Day 1.

Year Four is very near to starting.  We should have a big party on August 1st or something.

I'll bring the artichoke dip.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08012003

Good thread title.

This strip is solid. Onstad's been on fire of late.

Thanks, Chord Dogg!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile

What a hitting streak Onstad is having.  This one kills.  Kills!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

this is pretty good I suppose.

the party I will be having on August 1st will be that my Lady will have just gotten back in the US, and it will be about 3 weeks away from when I leave for St Louis for like 3 months.

in pictures, I think all the fat in my body flees. I swear, I look even more disgustingly thin in photos.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile

I love beefs expression in the second photo
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up