Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 July 2006 - All adding ten pounds and an opinion about famous car drivers  (Read 10046 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

in pictures, I think all the fat in my body flees. I swear, I look even more disgustingly thin in photos.

In the psychology of this young man, he is larger than what photographic evidence would indicate.  In the psychology of the cartoon cat, he is smaller than what photographic evidence would indicate.  What does this say about these two and their minds?

Also, in photos I have such insane dimples.  In my mind, I am far too intellectual to have dimples.  Dimples are what a 6 year old with cake smeared on her face and a frilly party dress has, not what an adult examining the finer points of life has.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

ndpatel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://www.sixtyeights.com

Dimples are what a 6 year old with cake smeared on her face and a frilly party dress has, not what an adult examining the finer points of life has.

my dear, the whole motivation for examining the finer points of life is to figure out how to always be that 6 year old with cake.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars

I don't even need to be a six year old. As long as I could always be with cake, I would be eternally happy.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

Does this curse not strike in youth, or am I just being too pedantic?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile

...am I just being too pedantic?

yes.

actually, no.  But if Beef is like the rest of us who photograph badly, he makes sure all the bad photos are thrown away.  So these could be explained away as being the few good ones.  Or maybe if these earlier photos are seen through Beef's own gaze, they too would have him appearing all bloated.

or - the wizard did it.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

fuck*ng wizards.

Actually Beef was severely anorexic when those photos were taken. The curse stands.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

I wonder what Beef is saying to Vlad in the last photo.  He appears to be really telling that 'bot how it is.

Is his eye closed in the first photograph, or is he glaring at Pat behind his back?
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

this is pretty good I suppose.

the party I will be having on August 1st will be that my Lady will have just gotten back in the US, and it will be about 3 weeks away from when I leave for St Louis for like 3 months.

in pictures, I think all the fat in my body flees. I swear, I look even more disgustingly thin in photos.

Shit, I wish I had your problem. Then again, you probably hear that all the damn time. I will stop my kvetching out of respect for all you skinny fucks out there.

Anyway, I thought this strip was good at first read. Then I checked out the alt tag and wondered who Leonid Brezhnev was. I found this fuck*ng hilarious picture of the Soviet General Secretary leering at a svelte actress at one of Tricky Dick's pool parties. For The Win! I thought that was awesome.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

Then I checked out the alt tag and wondered who Leonid Brezhnev was.

*weeps*

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

"It’s 110°F (43°C) in my office. I’m taking the air temperature with a meat thermometer. I’ll see you when I see you, unless Monday ends casket-style."

I'm confused by this latest pre-strip addendum.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

see, the thing is, he lives in California. there is not humidity there, if I'm not mistaken.

he can sit outside my house in August, and then he can complain about his dry west coast summers. I will not even let the boy bring him a mint julep or fan him.



actually, I cannot fathom extreme heat without humidity. i cannot think of a time when I have ever felt this-- the times I was in california that I can remember (ie: from when I was born until I was 4) the temperature was essentially perfect.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile

I used to think that I photographed terribly... all through highschool.

But then I lost 15 pounds and learned to not grimmace when I smile, and now I photograph just fine.

Weight loss tip: switch to liquor and move to a city that forces you to walk a whole lot.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

Yea, it has been over 100 for like a week straight, except for this weekend, in Oklahoma.  Like it was 106-108 at least Wednesday through Friday, and Oklahoma has hell of humidity.  We got a break this weekend, nut it looks like we are back to 105+ for a while starting tomorrow.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile

Our a/c's been broke since Tuesday (bad compressor, they need to wait for the new one to come in, blah blah blah), and I ain't been good for nothing since. It's only gotten up to about 95 in here, but we're still not happy. I've never seen cats look so sad. I won't begrudge his day off this time.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile

For the most part there isn't extreme humidity on this here coast, that's true...

Except in San Francisco.  They have a lot of fog there; you may have seen reference to it somewheres.

However, right now the coastal waters are far warmer than normal, which means their dehumidifying effect isn't really affecting anything, and there's this weird weather pattern where stuff's just stagnating, and all kinds of weirdness with the weather is going down.  The weather forecasters* on the teevee news are having to work at stuff other than "What beautiful piece of coastline do I do my remote from today," and it is pretty funny to see them struggle.

So right now it's humid.  I can tell 'cause I have sweaty forearms.  Also there is humidity in my ##### and I'm not happy about it.  I'll still take this weather over just about anywhere else in the country (90 and somewhat humid is not life threatening), but it isn't all outdoor dining and not needing the A/C either.

*San Diego network news doesn't seem to employ Meterologists like other places I have lived did.  Of course, they don't have the doppler radar arms race that I grew up with either.  There are Microclimates to forecast out here, though, which seems to basically mean "It's hotter inland!"
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up