Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 21 July 2006 - All adding ten pounds and an opinion about famous car drivers  (Read 10044 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

*weeps*

As a side note, the actress that Brezhnev is leering at is Jill Saint John, who was boinked by Henry Kissinger.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.

*weeps*

Ditto'd!  But then again, not everyone has my peculiar devotion to Soviet history.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

Our a/c's been broke since Tuesday (bad compressor, they need to wait for the new one to come in, blah blah blah), and I ain't been good for nothing since. It's only gotten up to about 95 in here, but we're still not happy. I've never seen cats look so sad. I won't begrudge his day off this time.
I really wish we had A/C ... showering twice a day to keep my arms from sticking to everything is kind of a bummer.

On the bright side, I think our temperature range over the past year or so has exceeded 110°.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile

Does this curse not strike in youth, or am I just being too pedantic?

Nice job contributing to Onstad's eventual suicide.


I did not think this up.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 07:09:08 pm by Turbo Ninja »
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives

"It’s 110°F (43°C) in my office. I’m taking the air temperature with a meat thermometer. I’ll see you when I see you, unless Monday ends casket-style."

I'm confused by this latest pre-strip addendum.

It is his explanation for why there will not be a new strip today.  It is because it is very hot in his office; so hot that he may die.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

It is his explanation for why there will not be a new strip today.  It is because it is very hot in his office; so hot that he may die.


I'd be more worried about his computer dying at that temp.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

It is his explanation for why there will not be a new strip today.  It is because it is very hot in his office; so hot that he may die.


Having just come back from Southern California, I'm of two minds  of the matter. On the one hand, yes, it's fuck*ng HOT, and one shouldn't be in a stuffy cooped office. On the other hand, it's perfectly dry heat, so sit in the shade and plug in a fan and have an ice cold lemonade, and one is fine. Which is to say that OnStad shouldn't be drawing his peculiar funny cat diagrams today, but he should enjoy a nice breeze and mint julep and think of IDEAS.

In the meantime, enjoy http://www.qwantz.com/index.pl?comic=815 .
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest

see, the thing is, he lives in California. there is not humidity there, if I'm not mistaken.

he can sit outside my house in August, and then he can complain about his dry west coast summers. I will not even let the boy bring him a mint julep or fan him.



actually, I cannot fathom extreme heat without humidity. i cannot think of a time when I have ever felt this-- the times I was in california that I can remember (ie: from when I was born until I was 4) the temperature was essentially perfect.

One more reason why I should read from left to right. Someone else beat me to the punch.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

my mom was telling us the other day about the first time she went into work in LA. it was raining. it had been raining for a few days.

and her boss was just amazed that she showed up. Apparently after a while in LA, everything that is not perfect weather seems like a disaster.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile

A general lack of weather does tend to make weather seem worse when things get weather-y.

From the El Segundo perspective, it is ASS hot here, and loathsomely humid to boot.  And I'm only a mile from the ocean.  It's even roastier once you head inland. 
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile

I left my wallet in El Segundo.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

my mom was telling us the other day about the first time she went into work in LA. it was raining. it had been raining for a few days.

and her boss was just amazed that she showed up. Apparently after a while in LA, everything that is not perfect weather seems like a disaster.
Holy shit, are you serious?
Logged

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six

Yet another reason why I will never be able to move away from upstate NY ... I seriously can't imagine living around people who would freak out while driving in inclement weather.
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile

Another reason the freeways out here get shitty during rain: the oil buildup.  When it hasn't rained for nine months, motor oil slowly accumulates on the asphalt.  When it finally rains, it lifts the oil to the surface without really washing it away.  And then it's THE HYDROPLANING COMMUTER SHOW starring a lot of hydroplaning commuters crashing into each other and random concrete barriers.  Whee!

Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile

I left my wallet in El Segundo.

No you didn't.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up