Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.  (Read 3136 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=07262006

Pretty good. The strip is pretty good lately.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 08:12:06 am »

Who is he talking to?  And where is he?  Ray's house is not generally depicted with three floors and sliding windows.  Does he have a cheap apartment to go to when he needs a martini and smoke to chill out a little?

Also, flames shooting out like oak roots is powerful imagery.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:50:19 am »

I guess it just depends on the day, but Ray also quit smoking a while ago.  I wonder why he has his zippo ready.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:17:36 am »

Who is he talking to?  And where is he?  Ray's house is not generally depicted with three floors and sliding windows.  Does he have a cheap apartment to go to when he needs a martini and smoke to chill out a little?

While it wouldn't surprise me, I think his house is just on a sloping lot ... that would at least explain why it's usually 1 level in the front but multiple levels in the back.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2006, 11:55:12 am »

I guess it just depends on the day, but Ray also quit smoking a while ago.  I wonder why he has his zippo ready.

Even more perplexing is why he thought it was okay to light a cigarette in a grocery store.

Apart from the suicide counselor bit, which was quite funny, this strip made me uncomfortable, like all bathroom-related humour does.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2006, 01:04:53 pm »

The cartoon cat did not get any sex from the cute sales girl because of a misconception about who "dealt it"

Clearly he's not talking to Pat. He would've gone on for 45 minutes about why all brands of homeopathic foot powder are made by LIARS except one. Not to mention why was Ray at Whole Foods anyway seeing as Pat is getting a boycot going.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2006, 01:05:58 pm »

Even more perplexing is why he thought it was okay to light a cigarette in a grocery store.

A health focussed grocery store at that. I'd say that makes it alright.

As for Ray quitting I think it would be one of those typical Ray 'everyone knows lights don't count after 3pm' situations.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 01:39:50 pm »

I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:04 pm »

I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?

At this point Pat may well be boycotting food as a concept really.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:39 pm »

I thought Pat was boycotting Trader Joe's?

After he gave up on Trader Joe's he tried Whole Foods. Until he saw a woman with ... armpit hair [music sting] and almost threw up in the store. I don't know if this triggered an official boycot but I don't think he's been back since.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 06:05:02 pm »

I thought I was above laughing about flatulence jokes, but this strip proved me wrong. Well, not because of the flatulence per se, but the whole concept of protest self-immolation using your own intestinal gas as fuel.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

drew

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 23
  • Lost. So lost.
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 06:59:01 pm »

After he gave up on Trader Joe's he tried Whole Foods. Until he saw a woman with ... armpit hair [music sting] and almost threw up in the store. I don't know if this triggered an official boycot but I don't think he's been back since.

Didn't he and Nice Pete stage a punative drive-by shopplifting excersion at some point, recounted in his blog?
Logged
giggle, giggle, splat

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 26 July 2006 - Yeah, it totally was a health person fart, exactly.
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2006, 07:27:44 pm »

Didn't he and Nice Pete stage a punative drive-by shopplifting excersion at some point, recounted in his blog?

http://journeyintoreason.blogspot.com/2006/05/back-to-trader-joes.html
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up