Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jeopardy in jeopardy?  (Read 1153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Jeopardy in jeopardy?
« on: July 26, 2006, 12:50:01 pm »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060726/ap_en_tv/people_ken_jennings_9

August, can you confirm that Trebek is indeed a ##### cyborg?

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Jeopardy in jeopardy?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 04:59:12 pm »

I would, but I'm afraid Alex would go back in time and kill my mother if I did.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Jeopardy in jeopardy?
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 05:09:36 pm »

That is the most random thing I've seen on the internet in at least 8 hours.

"What is a Ho?"
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Jeopardy in jeopardy?
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:05:21 pm »

Yea, that is pretty crazy.  Thank god there are going to be alot of retired people soon, I don't want them to do a thing to Jeopardy! (except maybe take away that damn exclamation mark).
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Jeopardy in jeopardy?
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 08:53:53 pm »

For a game show that was essentially created as a joke* I think it's had a good run.




*Instead of only giving certain contestants the answers like in the 50's quiz show scanals Jeopardy gives all the contestants the answers. Get it? Get it?
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up