Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hydroponic seltzer clams.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Heading East  (Read 16406 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Heading East
« on: July 26, 2006, 11:18:56 pm »

Hey all, i'm going on a road trip next week and for the next few weeks i'll be out and about.  Leaving Sunday or Monday going through Denver, Kansas City, St. Louis, then ultimately to Louisville.  Be in Louisville on August 3-5, maybe 6.  Then up to Nebraska for a while.  Will be in Omaha on August 11-12.  Be traveling across Route 6 in Nebraska from August 19-27 stopping at various towns along the way.  Form there, maybe back to Utah briefly then on to something else.  Don't know.  I'd love to meet any of you that live nearby where i'm headed.  PM me if you think this sounds like Fun!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 11:27:38 pm »

I'll be in Dallas again, 7/31-8/4 if you're driving through the area.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Heading East
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 11:28:36 pm »

Damn Paul, I got all excited when I saw that heading. After all, what's East of America? England. If you go the right way. Alas, it turns out you're not going very far East at all. Have fun!

Also, <obligatory comment about going East to India>
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:43:21 pm »

Too bad I don't know anyone in Kansas City or St. Louis.  That's really a shame.   :P
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 11:44:09 pm »

Sadly, you're avoiding the parts of the country I'll be in. I might fly over you, though. I'll be sure to wave.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Heading East
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 12:04:24 am »

if you waited until after the 23rd, I would be in St Louis. But, no. So, I won't be there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 01:02:08 am »

So, Paul, just taking a road trip or do you have maybe a job interview lined up in Louisville?

Or maybe an elaborate Booty Call trip?
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 01:39:51 am »

PARTY IN LOUISVILLE!  PAUL'S A COMIN'!!!

Excellent!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2006, 01:48:50 am »

I am so confused. I am still waiting for Paul to describe the part of the trip which is East.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2006, 01:51:27 am »

Dawg, no Job Interview, i'm looking West.  Booty Call is doubtful, but you never know.  I'm going to this and this and i'm offical photographer for this.  Also, along the way i'm going to stop here and visit my friend Erika who runs the place.  I'm sure Erika is going to line me out on some other points of interst along the way as well.  I may meet up with my Father, who is working in Iowa City at the moment, but is almost done and will be traveling soon.  If it works out right we will both be in Kansas City at the same time and we'll take in a Royals game.

After all that, I may stop off again in Utah and get a couple of days rest before taking off again (for good!).

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Heading East
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2006, 02:07:18 am »

Paul, it sounds like you're never leaving the mid-West.  East is, well, EAST.

However, if you do ever head East, I'll show you some interesting points in and around Philly.  We've got a lot of weird going on around here.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Heading East
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2006, 02:12:41 am »

Yeah, and you just missed the DC Fringe Festival. It was like a freakin' Paul-a-palooza over here.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2006, 02:29:46 am »

Actually I'm relatively certain I could take you for a "good photo" hunt around this place.  IF YOU THINK YOU ARE MAN ENOUGH TO TAKE THE HUMIDITY!!*  Assuming I'm not (yet again) back in Sacramento.  We might work something out.




*Dog knows I'm not most days.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Heading East
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 02:36:03 am »

man, we have this local organization called "keep charlotte wierd" which paul would be all over. I think there might actually be an art-car thing involved.
My friends just arrived, but when they leave in a few hours I will find the artcar of charlotte.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Heading East
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 02:55:10 am »

man, we have this local organization called "keep charlotte wierd"

So do they spell it wrong on purpose to continue the idea of iconoclasm or is it just a faux pas?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up