Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)  (Read 8712 times)

0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« on: August 01, 2003, 02:40:59 am »

I guess I could try to whip something up in Photoshop, but I'm not so great at it.

I've e-mailed Onstad to ask if it would be okay to use some Achewood art as part of a logo.

So in the meantime, assuming he won't be a dick, can anyone volunteer to make a logo of approximately the same size of the phpBB logo up top there?

-- Jough

TomJ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 02:42:36 am »

I could try, but let me warn you, it would be HIGHLY derivative of onstad's style
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 02:44:15 am »

That's the idea, slick.

Have at it.  I think you can post it here somehow.

TomJ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:45:40 am »

ALREADY WITH THE INSULTS

it is pretty small and hard to have text readable i find, i am working feverishly though
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 02:49:45 am »

Slick?  That's not an insult.

Anyway, I have the two achewood fonts if you'd like them (one for the achewood logo [rabbit ears] and the other one that he uses for the character dialogue [blue highway]).

Let me know if that would help.

TomJ

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 02:50:59 am »

that totally would help, as well as me having any semblance of talent

i believe i have bitten off more that I can chew, unless this were to be text only
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2003, 03:00:52 am »

s'okay, I'll try to work something up.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Can't...
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2003, 03:29:16 am »

Can't we just put up a big picture of me?  

I'd better take off these britches, I think I'm getting to big for them.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Can't...
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2003, 03:35:59 am »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Can't we just put up a big picture of me?  

I'd better take off these britches, I think I'm getting to big for them.


If your britches are off in the big picture, maybe we could put it up.

Sorry, that one was too easy a double entendre.  You must make it more difficult for us next time.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2003, 03:42:39 am »

I'll have a go at knocking up something. Hell I'm supposed to be a professional Gfx Designer afterall, but I just have no idea what to do for this. So anyway, I'll have a go, but would say it's only a 35% chance I'll come up with anything that would work in any way for this!

*cries of 'Damn you Onstad' reign*
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2003, 09:18:20 am »

NEVERMIND IT'S DONE NOW.

But if anyone else has made one and wants to share it, go 'head.

-- Jough

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2003, 02:57:05 am »

Could we explore this "Britches off" and "JL" situation more thoroughly?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2003, 04:44:17 am »

Now now, try to behave.

I changed the logo a little.  Complain away.

Vinz Clortho

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 27
    • View Profile
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2003, 12:13:48 pm »

That monkey!  That strange, mysterious monkey!  Nice touch, Jough.  :)
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Achewood Message Board Logo (See top left)
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2003, 06:38:26 pm »

Thanks.

And since he's the AIDS monkey, I put a t-shirt on him.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up