Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MP3 editing?  (Read 1893 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
MP3 editing?
« on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:03 pm »

Anybody know of an app (preferably freeware) that would easily enable one to "crop" an MP3 file?

I have a podcast that has one song I really like, that I can't find as an MP3 file by itself.  I'd like to sever the 20 minutes of show and 20 minutes after that song.  I could convert it to a WAV file and use a WAV editor I have, but since the MP3 of this podcast is 50 MB or so, that would create one huge frickin' WAV file.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:22:30 pm »

mp3splitter, mp3trim, and mp3cutter I believe are all freeware and should be able to do what you want.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 02:04:42 pm »

I use Audacity, which is free and nicely featured while still being very easy to use.  It works on just about any platform.

vivouk

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 19
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 88
    • View Profile
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:35:35 pm »

I use Audacity, which is free and nicely featured while still being very easy to use.  It works on just about any platform.

Same. Highly recommended.
Logged

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 05:07:43 pm »

I've always used Goldwave, but mostly since it's what I've been using for more than ten years.
Time to check out Audacity I guess.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 05:02:18 am »

Slink: I used to use Goldwave and now I'd never use it for anything other than ripping Audible.com content to vanilla MP3 so I could listen to it on a cheapie mp3 player.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 03:03:28 pm »

Slink: I used to use Goldwave and now I'd never use it for anything other than ripping Audible.com content to vanilla MP3 so I could listen to it on a cheapie mp3 player.

When you say rip, is this with a plugin, or just recording the playback, the longwinded way?
I ended up having to do one from Audible the long way round the other day, and would love to find something that will just open them up so I can save them as a real file.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 03:48:33 pm »

Slink, I will try to dig up the elements for you to download.  Give me a day or two.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: MP3 editing?
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 05:21:35 pm »

Slink, I will try to dig up the elements for you to download.  Give me a day or two.

No rush. But many thanks, Jough.
I will start a can campaign for you.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1]   Go Up