Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trading Jobs  (Read 2308 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pedro Picasso

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 39
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 599
  • What the HECK, Dora?!
    • View Profile
Trading Jobs
« on: July 28, 2006, 01:55:51 pm »

I've been lurking for a little while.  Telling jldunston what I see.  I've been working my tushie off, so I haven't been able to properly craft messages worthy of you fine people.  (You know messages with words like tushie.)  Congrats to everyone on the healthy living train.  I'm currently off said train, but I'm hoping to hop back on mege-hobo-stylzz in the near future.

But I have news!  A friend of mine at SAS Institute told me of a job opening to which I applied, interviewed, and was made an offer.  This is great news.  This is the young father transitioning from a job (at a small company) to a career (at a company large enough to own its own bureucracy).  So we're pretty excited about it here at Palace Picasso.  I've enjoyed building web applications at Cicada, but they can't really offer me and the family what SAS can.  So that's news item 1.  I got a new job.  News item 2 is that my current job needs to be filled.  I don't know if anybody here is interested in building web applications in Raleigh, NC, but if you are Cicada Consulting Group is a great little company that has slowly been building its success for 11 years.  They're a great group of people, and they have an interesting and eclectic group of customers.  So in case you're interested the posting is here here.  If you do apply for the job by clicking the link at the bottom of the page, you'll be using the applicant tracking system I wrote while I was here.  That's kind of weird.  The prize for applying through our system is getting to fix its bugs in the future.
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 02:42:33 pm »

Pedro, we may not know each other, but I believe healthy congratulations are in order. Way to provide for the little one! I hope all goes smoothly in your new found job.

(I did try to make this post amusing/interesting beyond mere congratulations, but sometimes a straight-up slap on the back is the way to do things)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 02:45:09 pm »

Huzzah to you Pedro.  I hope all works out well wot wot.


(Look at our Judy.. all grown up and already a backslapper!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 03:00:32 pm »

Pedro, I think everyone would agree that you are permitted to post poorly-crafted half-assed messages without the word 'tushie' any time. No, 'permitted' is not the word I am looking for... Requested?  Required?  Yes, that's it!  And your lovely wife too, dammit.

And congratulations!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 03:07:44 pm »

Excelllent!  And a big Hee-Haw Saaaal-Ooot to the whole Picasso family while we're at it.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:08:29 pm »

I said this already via another channel, but congratulations to Pedro for moving to a company with room for advancement and a high chain of bureaucracy.

Here, here.

Also, this marks the momentous occasion wherein I spelled "buraeucrasy" correctly without the aid of a spell checker.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 03:33:41 pm by AugustWest »
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Trading Jobs
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 04:11:07 pm »

Very Cool.

That is good news.

Perhaps with a job in a larger work force, you will have a little down time now and then?  We will be here waiting for you!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up