Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"  (Read 13377 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2006, 10:51:17 pm »

Well... I have to say that I thought Pat's twenty-times-life-size wang was slightly offensive to me. I'm glad that Onstad removed it. I think that the strip is (almost) just as funny without Pat's cock in lurid detail.  Also, since Pat is "Turtleneck Tom", is there a difference in illustrating said member? I mean, did Onstad remember that particular Turtleneck detail when he was drawing the uncesnsored version of Pat?
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2006, 11:10:34 pm »

Not that I'm one to argue for cartoon catcock, but um.. I don't see what the whole big deal was really.  Maybe he suddenly realized that one day his daughter would grow up and he didn't want her to know that Dad once drew cat cocks.  Time to go "fix" the archives too then I guess!

Seriously though, self-censorship is retarded, but not as much as externally forced censorship I guess.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2006, 12:19:58 am »

I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2006, 01:08:09 am »

I still had it up on the screen when I read the posting that said it had been changed.  I thought about saving it, but I decided to let it die.  If only I could erase the memory so easily.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2006, 01:45:29 am »

I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.

Elfbabe's avatar is the original version of the last panel.
Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2006, 02:42:18 am »

WAY funnier with the big old dong.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2006, 04:00:05 am »

Edit: BOO

But it's etched in my brains anyhow.

Actually, if I stroked out right now, that Pat image would prolly be the last recognizable flare from my brain neurons before shutdown.

Holy shit, is that a saddest thing?

(YES)

I completely misread "if I stroked out right now" when I first saw it...
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:07 am »

Yeah, I thought Ash was saying that he was stroking it to that image of Pat.

WHATEVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT, DUDE

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:33 am »

I know some of you fucks save these strips everyday.  Someone has to post the original now.

You ask, I give.
http://pics.livejournal.com/elfbabe/pic/000fxewy

The credit, though, goes to my boyfriend, for insisting that the shot of Pat would make a great LiveJournal userpic. And so I saved it and edited it. And thus was it preserved for the future.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2006, 04:11:13 am »

Rock.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2006, 04:40:46 am »

I didn't read the comic until just now, and so I missed out on the PatWang.

I still laughed my arse off at the last panel, though.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2006, 11:53:23 am »

Speaking of assless #####, I've noticed since the foil underwear thread/badass games that we see more of Beef in his jams. I like the concept of ##### on cats and think that it is a good move.

Logged

keef

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 54
    • View Profile
    • http://www.keef.org
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2006, 12:37:02 pm »

Thank you for posting the original.  SHEER HILARITY.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2006, 12:46:06 pm »

Speaking of assless ******, I've noticed since the foil underwear thread/badass games that we see more of Beef in his jams. I like the concept of ****** on cats and think that it is a good move.


Seriously.  I mean, it's like a hundred degrees out, and the rest of us still have to wear clothes. Why should cats get to go naked?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: July 31st. 2006 - "What if we took a picture of Pat"
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2006, 12:49:12 pm »

I think it's simply a sign of 'Stad's decaying mind.  Much like Howard Hughes, he is becoming a shut-in and terribly afraid of the hygiene of his imaginary cats.  Why soon they'll all be wearing petticoats and Kleenex boxes for shoes!


That being said, Beef does look better in his jammy-jams, I suspect it's because he doesn't have that awkward chicken-thigh thing showing that comes of cats standing on hindlegs.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up