Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Six Sheets to the Wind  (Read 6459 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« on: September 16, 2003, 03:24:25 am »

I am breaking my own rule by posting to an internet place and sending e-mail while flying six sheets to the wind.

I am positively laggard.  And I don't like the way that "Submit" button is eyeballing me.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 04:01:06 am »

You monster!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 04:03:00 am »

Nah, I'm a lovable drunkard.  Or a sad one.  But usually I try not to drink unless I'm around people I can trust.  

I've been reading Wigu a little and find it really funny.  I guess you have to have two and a half slants on to appreciate it.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 04:06:49 am »

What are you drinking tonight, friend Jough?

I'm into the Vodka, myself.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 04:25:48 am »

Well, I started out with my old standby Single Malt Scotch but then they didn't have decent Scotch at this reception I was at so I had to drink what they had, which was Vodka, then I switched off to a nice Bombay Saphire martini, and then I followed that up a manhattan (which was awful) and nine or ten glasses of Chardonay.

It was an alchoholic buffet of glee.

Now I'm all spinny and want to hug people.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 05:08:01 am »

Jeebus M. Crow.  

I drink regularly and often but if I attempted to mix that variety of libations within my craw they would rapidly be returned to the open atmosphere.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a confirmed drinker.  I'm just of the "Pick a drink and stick with it" school.

More power to you, Mr. Iron Stomach!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 06:20:47 am »

The last time I brought the victuals back through the tunnel I was eight years old.

Okay, maybe *ten*.  But it was a long time ago.  My liver, however, is knocking loudly on the outer wall of muscle, as if someone were playing their MC Hammer CD too loudly in the apartment above.

I am pretty sure there is such a thing as "alcohol poisoning" and I'm pretty sure I may have it as my eyes feel as though they could at any moment explode.

The thing is that I do not drink very often, but when I do I tend to go overboard, especially when it's an open bar and I am not paying the tab.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 01:56:16 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

The thing is that I do not drink very often, but when I do I tend to go overboard, especially when it's an open bar and I am not paying the tab.


I'm the same. I just can't be bothered with alcohol most of the time. But if I'm at the conference, then everyone ends up getting hideously druk each night at the bar (drinking with academics!), and every time I hang out with my mate who can't smoke anymore, we just end up drinking whiskey all night.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 03:02:44 pm »

Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 03:23:52 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.


Oh that is the benefit I get. No matter how much I drink I just don't get a hangover!
Everyone hates me when the day after drinking with me!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 03:40:12 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Everybody type softly and tiptoe around so as not to aggravate Jough's vicious hangover this morning.


What was that?  I can't hear you!  I can't hear anything over the din of this big bass drum I seem to be pounding on!  While shouting!  And operating a chainsaw with my feet!  At the airport!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 06:03:20 pm »

I don't get hangovers either.  I was a bit ill last night, but this morning I woke up feeling GREAT.

So shout away, bitches!

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
drink drank
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 07:12:58 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
...usually I try not to drink unless I'm around people I can trust.


This seems a policy born of hard experience, or careful foresight.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

V-Adore

  • Guest
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 08:47:08 pm »

I'm teetotal, and I've always liked Wigu. But chances are it is a bit better when you have your slant(s) on.

That said, I am occasionally really tempted to get very drunk and go online, just to have done it. I imagine that heavy painkillers could substitute.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Six Sheets to the Wind
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 10:10:02 pm »

I didn't drink AT ALL until my junior year of college.

It was those college women that drove me to drinkin'!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up