Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm  (Read 8494 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
last.fm
« on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:36 am »

So I seem to be jumping on the last.fm bandwagon a little late, but I figured I'd post and see how many other touambies are all up ins. I've sent friend requests to some of you, but message me if I missed you somehow! Anyway, my username is linnea78 (duh... see my sig below).

Thoughts about last.fm?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 03:54:09 am »

I like my last.fm account, even if it only catches about 1/3 of my actual listening.

I don't really see a purpose for it, but it's fun to show people that I've listened to the B-50's "Mesopotamia" like 63 times this week, etc.

http://www.last.fm/user/jough/

Also, there's a TOUAMB group (Underground Vinyl), although Bozack totally SUCKS at administering it. I would nominate Cort to overthrow it.

What do you say, Cort?  Putsch?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 03:57:30 am by jough »
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 04:06:57 am »

I like my last.fm account, even if it only catches about 1/3 of my actual listening.

I don't really see a purpose for it, but it's fun to show people that I've listened to the B-50's "Mesopotamia" like 63 times this week, etc.

http://www.last.fm/user/jough/

Also, there's a TOUAMB group (Underground Vinyl), although Bozack totally SUCKS at administering it. I would nominate Cort to overthrow it.

What do you say, Cort?  Putsch?

I've already accepted Linnea to the group. What's weird is that I don't see a Revolution link anymore. Did that disappear in the new site design when I wasn't looking?
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 04:10:42 am »

Ah, I see it switched to "Member Approval" and that they haven't added the revolution feature yet (or decided to remove it).

Oh well, as long as any member can add more members we're cool.  It's not like we really need to do anything admin-wise other than add or remove members, and if Bozack fucks something up we can always make a new TOUAMB group or something.

Also, Linnea, you should join our Flickr group.

Man, we're really dipping into the Web 2.0 social networks.

NEXT: BE TOUAMB'S MYSPACE FRIEND

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 05:11:57 am »


Also, Linnea, you should join our Flickr group.


You know, I have tried to join the Flickr group like twenty times. I fuck*ng HATE YAHOO. I know that I have created more than one profile, but I can never seem to remember ANYTHING associated with my account. And even when I do manage to stumble partway through the fuck*ng password authetication bullshit that they have set up, it is never satisfied with the fuck*ng security code that I type. EVER. It is so fuck*ng frustrating. Then again I have probably been sitting at my computer too long and I should go lie down and rest or something.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:15:46 am »

Dang, yeah, I hate Yahoo's signup.  I was lucky to join before they were bought so I can log in with my old Flickr account rather than having to go through Yahoo's huge registration page.

Perhaps later it will be kinder to you.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 12:33:20 pm »


NEXT: BE TOUAMB'S MYSPACE FRIEND


NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: last.fm
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:42:38 pm »

Yeah, fuck Myspace. 

I am, however, a happy user of last.fm.  Oh, and linnea, I just added you as a "friend."
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 01:51:38 pm »

Oh, and linnea, I just added you as a "friend."

/me dims the lights and puts on some 'bermp chicka-boop bwawwwwrrrrr' music...

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 03:35:40 pm »

I just applied for membership at Underground Vinyl. And this is me at last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/yu_huang/
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: last.fm
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 04:56:54 pm »

oh my god, that username looks familiar...
wait, no, nevermind. It's the nice fellow who looks like static! phew!

hobot, myspace is awesome. don't lie to yourself. it is the epitome of what the internet is-- a place where everyone thinks you are attractive, because you post the one picture of you where you look good. a place where every pretty girl will be your friend. a place where girls will post pictures of themselves showing a little bra, and get to feel edgy for a day. it is a great thing. a great thing.

also, you can find cool bands and stuff. check out www.myspace.com/andyandthejivers ! "Screw it Up" is awesome! and it's about my friend!
 la morte l'amour is even better! and instrumental and jazzy! I fuck*ng LOVE THIS BAND SO MUCH! they are so much better live... it's insane. like, any shortcomings in their performance on the record are overcome by the frenzy of like 200 kids skanking, and singing all the words, and the band just going nuts, and this kid who plays guitar for them now playing a solo behind his head, and it being like 100 degrees, and dancing until you kind of fall over and have to sit down, and and and...

it is unseemly for me to love this band this much, considering it is composed of guys I know.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 08:14:58 pm »

Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: last.fm
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 08:45:25 pm »

Yeah, fuck Myspace. 

If it's not good enough for Billy Bragg, it's not good enough for me.

As for last.fm, I'm more into it than I think I should. All avoiding listening to CD's on my stereo at home because it can't register the tracks. All having difficulty breathing when Audioscrobbler fails to "update my iPod" (7/10 of the time, basically).

Anyway, for those who haven't noticed.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: last.fm
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 08:49:08 pm »

Instead of everyone just linking to themselves like a damned fool, why don't we link to the TOUAMB group and therein shall we find everyone.  I mean it only makes sense people.

Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: last.fm
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 08:52:24 pm »

I have two bigass floor speakers in my room, which unfortunately only connect to my hi-fi, which in turns connects to my iPod. No computers involved, which means last.fm is not feasible for me right now.

If I was to set up an account, it would fill up with Stevie Ray Vaughan and other assorted blues stuff I am learning on guitar as I don't mind using my crappy PC speakers for non-listening purposes (guitar learning). While an account full of blues might be awesome, this is not an accurate snapshot of my listening habits. I mean, I don't want to seem old.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up