Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: last.fm  (Read 8483 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: last.fm
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 12:52:48 am »

yeah, I always do things like "hmm, I listened to In Utero in the car today... I'll queue it up in iTunes while I'm at dinner."


this can backfire, though. Public Enemy and Stevie Wonder are both in my top 15 artists, and neither is really a big part of my music experience.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:25:27 am »

If it's not good enough for Billy Bragg, it's not good enough for me.

As for last.fm, I'm more into it than I think I should. All avoiding listening to CD's on my stereo at home because it can't register the tracks. All having difficulty breathing when Audioscrobbler fails to "update my iPod" (7/10 of the time, basically).

Anyway, for those who haven't noticed.

Which plugin do you use? I use iSproggler which has yet to fail submitting to AS. The only issue with it is that when I close iTunes I get an "another program is connected to iTunes, are you sure you want to quit" warning every time.

Oh, and the group has always been Member Aproval. Although Bozack could give us an avatar and open up the journal.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 03:46:24 am »

I forget which plug-in I'm using, but I think it's a java one.  Unofficial, etc.

It will totally sync my iPod listenings, but only if I remember to plug in the iPod before playing any songs in iTunes.  Otherwise, I get an error from last.fm like "The song you are trying to add is older than your most recent listen!  We're stupid and don't know what to do?  Mommy, the bad man hurt me!"

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: last.fm
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 05:51:13 pm »

I'm using the regular, official AudioScrobbler plugin – I don't think there are alternatives for Mac OS. They released this new Last.fm player which is supposed to do all the work without the need of a plugin, but apparently it can't handle the iPod submissions.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 06:01:45 pm »

I'm using the regular, official AudioScrobbler plugin – I don't think there are alternatives for Mac OS. They released this new Last.fm player which is supposed to do all the work without the need of a plugin, but apparently it can't handle the iPod submissions.

Not yet, but they're working on it. The old iTunes (Mac) plugin was the only one that ever handled iPod submissions natively without any extra work. It seems weird that they'd have people stop using it before the AS program was able to do the same thing.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: last.fm
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 04:11:21 am »

The Java one that I'm using oughta work on the Mac too.  It used to be listed as a semi-official download, but check the forums - it's one of the largest threads there.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2006, 02:25:25 pm »

The Java one that I'm using oughta work on the Mac too.  It used to be listed as a semi-official download, but check the forums - it's one of the largest threads there.

Audiopod Goes iScrobbler or something like that? I used to use that one but switched to iScrobbler because it supports MBIDs. but it's of course only works with Windows. Which is weird because the guy who wrote/supports it only has a Mac.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: last.fm
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2006, 03:22:53 pm »

Audiopod Goes iScrobbler or something like that? I used to use that one but switched to iScrobbler because it supports MBIDs. but it's of course only works with Windows. Which is weird because the guy who wrote/supports it only has a Mac.

I use iScrobbler on my Mac, and it works just fine.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2006, 07:53:41 pm »

I use iScrobbler on my Mac, and it works just fine.

iS (Mac) has always supported iPod plays. It's us Windows users that need 6 extra programs and a quart of goat's blood to get iPod plays to sync.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: last.fm
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2006, 07:54:27 pm »

quart of goat's blood

If you need more I know a goa-


Guy..  I know a guy.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: last.fm
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2006, 06:37:36 pm »

The newest (1.2) version of iScrobbler seems to be working fine for me now. Ar least the icon on the menu bar now turns green when it's talking to the server and red when such conversation is impaired. Nifty!

So, about the Underground Vinyl group… What to do we do for funs there? Is there a pool table?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2006, 04:39:18 am »

I'm not sure what we do in the Underground Vinyl group. I like to sit there and look pretty, but then again that's what I do every day.

Also... I HATE fugs who purposely put wrong tags on music! How the FUCK did Britney Spears get played on an alt-indie stream? God dammit, I was talking on the phone to the Wombie (kellichou) and I didn't notice that it was playing. now my stream is FUCKED and people will see on my last.fm profile that I listened to Britney fuck*ng Spears. Fuck you, Spears fan who mistagged that. Augh.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 05:13:11 am »

HA HA!  You listen to Britney Spears!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: last.fm
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2006, 06:07:04 am »

yeah, fo' real, why did you have Britster on your itunes/winamp/whatever in the first place?

But it's ok, because you have Hot glasses.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: last.fm
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2006, 06:26:54 am »

GOD DAMMIT I DO NOT HAVE BRITNEY SPEARS ANYWHERE ON MY COMPUTER.

I was listening to Last.fm Radio, and invariably there is some fuck who tags Britney Spears or death metal as "alt country" and it comes up on my fuck*ng playlist while I'm listening to the internet radio. Okay???
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up