Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)  (Read 5452 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« on: July 31, 2006, 05:01:06 pm »

Is this cliche yet?  I hope not.  Especially not with the avant-garde leaping-out-of-the-circle unwitnessed in previous engravings.

http://fitterhappier.nu/misc/rabbit-ambulance.jpg
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 05:05:00 pm »

It looks more like it's leaping into the circle.

Hey, you should post this on Flickr to our TOUAMB Group.

Nice, though.  This is on the inside of your right calf?

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 05:10:55 pm »

Thanks.  I'll get a better-than-cel-phone-camera picture taken and throw it on flickr.

My right calf is already spoken for - its actually on the outside of the left calf, which also explains why its a mirror image of the canonical form.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:34:45 pm »

So what was it about the rabbit ambulance that made you think "I want my grandchildren to ask me about this?"

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 05:36:20 pm »

I'm thinking-- TOUAMB logo, across my entire chest.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 05:56:59 pm »

Pick your favorite answer:

1. It's iconic like no other.
2. When the grandchildren ask, I'll reach high into the bookshelf, remove my Achewood books, blow the dust off and proceed with some education.  Because the interweb will have been bombed into oblivion at some point, leaving precious few surviving archives of the early 21st century's great literature.
3. Rabbit Ambulance.  Duh.
4. It's a concept that appeared in a single panel of a 3-year-old story arc of a web-comic.  If that doesn't embrace the nihilism and absurdity that defines my life, I don't know what does.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 06:30:21 pm »

I'm thinking-- TOUAMB logo, across my entire chest.

Yeah,  I've got a portrait of Jough-as-a-child on my... no.  no.  I'm sorry.  I was wrong to type that then delete it.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 06:36:43 pm »

Yeah,  I've got a portrait of Jough-as-a-child on my... no.  no.  I'm sorry.  I was wrong to type that then delete it.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry.

No no!  On your what?  YOUR WHAT?

I'm guessing it's on your mantle.  Right above the fireplace.  Maybe some candles and incense around it?  Am I right?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2006, 06:52:43 pm by misterqueue »
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 06:45:28 pm »

Dude, she already said it was on her NoNo.  It's like a euphemism.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 06:51:31 pm »

Dude, she already said it was on her NoNo.  It's like a euphemism.

Aww man.. and here I was picturing a portrait of Lil' Jough in a kind of Velvet Elvis style all up on her mantle.  Maybe she sacrifices a goat to it once in a while... you know, for kicks.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 08:36:44 pm »

...  Lil' Jough ...

I'm now envisioning Jough as Atlanta's latest Crunk flavor of the month. Thanks for that.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 08:51:01 pm »

Yes, but "Jough juice" has a very different flavour than "Crunk juice."

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 11:30:28 pm »

How different?
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 11:41:57 pm »

How different?

Man do not ask him to elaborate upon this, that is an extermely terrible idea.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: YARAT (Yet Another Rabbit Ambulance Tattoo)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 02:32:48 am »

I'm sorry! Like Ray, I don't know what any of those things mean!
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up