Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you doing while you're posting?  (Read 7316 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 01:06:58 am »

Wallowing in air conditioning, watching cheesy hotel TV, abusing free broadband and catching up. Oh, and despite having been in the pool I think I might still be damp from Niagara Falls (hey, I had to...).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 01:08:04 am »

Let me just say that I am very surprised no-one has yet made the obligatory suggestive comment regarding masturbating while posting.

I'm thrilled that nobody has said, "your mom"


Dammit!

Anyway, I'm housesitting for my parents and desparately missing my TiVo. And porn.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2006, 01:11:06 am »

Slink... does this mean you went in one of the stupid boats with the rain slickers?  Or was it just the mist?

As for me, I like Hobot, have a horrible headache.  I am also procrastinating on changing into my gym clothes and then going to the gym.  I should go, but my head!  It hurts.  Probably a remnant of yesterdays heat stroke.  I definitly need to drink some more water.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2006, 01:26:26 am »

Ah, Niagara Falls: the second greatest disappointment in a young bride's life.

I just got back from a run - my first in weeks and weeks. I am now sitting at our kitchen table, eating a large salad with feta on top. I have the house to myself, because my husband is now married to Science and won't get home until sometime very very very late. I will resume reading Salman Rushdie's Midnight's Children shortly.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2006, 01:59:57 am »

I am luxuriating in my new wealth of high speed internet (which might get disconnected due to the fact that I horribly miscalculated my finances and will be unable to pay the bills that were due today until August 10th, when I get paid again). Yay, me.

I'm also drinking a beer. My "reward" beer. After work I had to go take care of some business for a board that I am on. Afterwards, I caught up with a good friend of mine who just had his heart broken and wants to move off the island. :( I started telling him about my situation with my ex fiance (aka "crap dude") and then got terribly sentimental and sad. So I'm pampering myself with some good old intarwub and a chilly Sierra Nevada IPA, and then I'm going to to gor a walk and enjoy the Alaska summertime.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2006, 02:09:46 am »

Wallowing in air conditioning, watching cheesy hotel TV, abusing free broadband and catching up. Oh, and despite having been in the pool I think I might still be damp from Niagara Falls (hey, I had to...).

Just over a week ago I paddled a raft up into Cumberland Falls.  Fun stuff.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2006, 04:02:25 am »

NIAGRA FALLS!

Slooowly I turned...

Anyway.

I've never masturbated while posting to the board.  Until NOW!

No, kidding again.

Mostly I keep loading another thread in this tab while I go read something else or write emails in between.  This board is like a light sorbet between less pleasant tasks.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2006, 04:21:38 am »

NIAGRA FALLS!

Slooowly I turned...


That's worth a can.  You knucklehead.

Why You!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 07:07:53 am »

I am drinking filtered water and playing KoL while posting. Later I might think about the emptiness of my life, stare at a wall for a while, and possibly die of obesity-related complications.

Also, I am not wearing trousers.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2006, 07:14:31 am »

I was holding a baby, drinking tea and posting.

Now the older two are asleep (tomorrow is the first day of school)(seriously! WTF?!) and the baby is with the mommy so I'm stealing time from myself (supposed to be jotting down the main points for a meeting with the parents tomorrow (I'm a coach now! W00t!)

Today I got the exhaust and intake manifolds off my truck and tomorrow I need to get the A/C compressor and coil off the valve head so I can remove it and take it to a machine shop.

I give myself a 50/50 chance of getting it started and running when I put it all back together.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2006, 08:54:40 am »

I'm just surfing the net at uni, it's 18:50 so the lab is practically empty but I like to stay late 1) because the internet here is better than at home and 2) whileI'm here it's possible work might get done by accident (3 months left of honours and my supervisor is taking a month long holiday in two weeks OMGWTFBBQ!)
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2006, 10:19:27 am »

Mostly just scratching.


Jus' scratchin' balls, ya know?
Logged
ACHIEVE

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2006, 11:30:44 am »

Are we allowed to reply again as our situation changes?  Because that's what I'm going to do.

I am drinking my morning cup of Earl Grey; I just consumed my morning bowl of cereal.  I should be getting ready for work, but I'd rather waste my time with you fine people than do important things like figuring out WHAT I'M GOING TO WEAR OMG and the like.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2006, 12:32:23 pm »

Are we allowed to reply again as our situation changes?

Oh man.. this is totally going to turn into the India thread isn't it?

I am settling in to work JUST now, and instead of checking out my workload for the day I loaded TOUAMB.  Clearly, my priorities are straight.

I'm also debating an even stronger cup of FUCK YOU espresso because apparently I didn't learn shit yesterday.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2006, 12:40:18 pm »

Oh man.. this is totally going to turn into the India thread isn't it?

We can only hope!

I am settling in to work JUST now, and instead of checking out my workload for the day I loaded TOUAMB.  Clearly, my priorities are straight..

I, too, have just gotten to work, but, unlike Q, am multi-tasking.  I have also just discovered that I will have to redo a bunch of PCR that didn't turn out right yesterday.  At 9:30, I'll be attending the weekly lab meeting, where I will apologise for being an incompetent amateur scientist, and everyone will assure me that it is okay, but will secretly resent me.

I promise I won't reply to this thread any more for the rest of the day.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up