Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you doing while you're posting?  (Read 7312 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »

i am sitting here, having just woken up, contemplating my Roommate (mr matthew lohman of high point illinois!), and wondering whether he will be lame or cool. so far, he seems to be the classic college male. I am wondering what to eat for breakfast.

also, I am glad that someplace else in the country starts school even earlier than us-- my friends up north have always mocked me when I announced that school was starting (on the 20th or so).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2006, 06:10:04 pm »

i am sitting here, having just woken up, contemplating my Roommate (mr matthew lohman of high point illinois!), and wondering whether he will be lame or cool. so far, he seems to be the classic college male.

If he really is a classic college male, your conversations should go a little like this:

"I left my goddam test papers on the subway!"
"On the subway, for Chrissake! Ya lost them, ya mean?"
"We got on the wrong subway. I had to keep getting up to look at a goddam map on the wall."

Progresses ad nauseum.

(I really hope someone gets this so I don't look like a muppet)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2006, 06:12:12 pm »

InEv:  I left my goddam test papers on the subway!
Classic college male roomie: On the subway, for Chrissake! Ya lost them, ya mean?
InEv: We got on the wrong subway. I had to keep getting to look at a goddam map on the wall.

Progresses ad nauseum.

(I really hope someone gets this so I don't look like a muppet)

We don't...  we don't have subways in St. Louis.  Oh right.. you were doing a Thing.  Carry on.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2006, 06:29:24 pm »

that looks so familiar.

but it's more like "my interests include college basketball, my moderately attractive girlfriend, napoleon dynamite, and anything with Will Farrel."

he looks like a nice, earnest fellow.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2006, 06:39:27 pm »

Ken Wilson of Long Beach, NY, where are you now?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2006, 07:21:41 pm »

I have not had anything amusing to say so far about what I was doing when I was posting, but I am now able to say that I am posting without any trousers on.

OK, I admit that this is because it is so hot that I am sitting around the house with air conditioning on, under a fan, with all the blinds drawn, and wearing a sleevless sundress that could arguably be called pajamas.  But still, no trousers are involved.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2006, 07:32:11 pm »

ok, I completely made up the town he's from. it's really called Fairview Heights.

wierd.

anyway, yeah. now I'm just sitting around being disappointed in the quality of "The Year Punk Broke." I guess the version I downloaded was ripped from a VHS? and then, it got even further screwed up when I burned it to a DVD?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2006, 07:33:33 pm »

ok, I completely made up the town he's from. it's really called Fairview Heights.

Heh.. Fairview Heights.  He's one of THOSE guys.

You poor poor thing.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2006, 07:41:59 pm »

Fairview Heights?  Why doesn't he just commute?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2006, 07:43:50 pm »

uh oh. those guys?

let me guess: affluent suburb of St Louis? he will wear a polo shirt every day? and listen to bad rap music, but be afraid of black people?

I can deal. that describes my entire high school.

although... I'm not living with my high school, at the moment.

AW-- probably because living with your parents in college is not most people's idea of a fun time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2006, 07:53:24 pm »

uh oh. those guys?

let me guess: affluent suburb of St Louis? he will wear a polo shirt every day? and listen to bad rap music, but be afraid of black people?

Actually I was just trying to rile you up, but yes, the economic divide is a little nicer on that side of the fence but I make no actual judgement calls about anyone in such generality if I can avoid it.


Unless they're from Chesterfield or Ladue that is... fuck those people.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2006, 07:57:15 pm »

oh, OK.

I'm glad that I don't have to start disliking him before I even meet him.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2006, 08:03:02 pm »

We don't...  we don't have subways in St. Louis.  Oh right.. you were doing a Thing.  Carry on.

What about that MetroLink thing?
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2006, 08:07:45 pm »

What about that MetroLink thing?

Oh screw that thing.  It gets you like.. what... 10 miles maybe?  (I say this only because I'm about to move in a month and they're finally opening up a station 3 blocks from my place.  Bastards.)

All in all it's remarkably cheap and fast if you actually happen to be on the line.  It is not, however, a subway.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: What are you doing while you're posting?
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2006, 08:30:45 pm »

they're opening a metrolink station on campus, and I get a free pass!

bitch!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up