Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I haven't had a haircut since July. I'm hoping to, "wait it out."

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We can make sense of the different people groups.  (Read 2811 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Logged

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 11:25:58 pm »

Woah woah woah. I'm all for different viewpoints being expressed and represented, but this statement:

Quote
"Americans just aren't gullible enough to believe that they came from a giraffe,"

There are so many things I can say about this, but I think by itself it says a lot more than I ever could.

Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 11:28:45 pm »

"''Americans just aren't gullible enough to believe that they came from a giraffe,' he said."

No, but apparently we are gullible enough to believe a woman turned into salt and so forth.  (Sorry believers)

"Hey, you got your religion in my science!"
"And you got your science in my religion!"


When will we ever learn?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 12:13:57 am »

When will we ever learn?

"We"?  "We" probably won't! 

Good night!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 12:21:40 am »

"We"?  "We" probably won't! 

Good night!

Touche!  One for you good sir.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 03:10:32 am »

How the f*ck did this museum get twenty-one MILLION in donations? I bet that Dubya appropriated some funds especially for them. How effing ridiculous.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 03:49:31 am »

Christians are stupid!  Ha ha let's laugh at the Christians.

(the above is how some folks on the board will read the remarks in this thread)

I think we can all agree that the people being interviewed here are idiots.  Let's not extend their stupidity to mean that they represent all religious people everywhere.

Thanks.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 05:58:01 am »

man, wow.

I mean, seriously! geez!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 06:42:50 am »

Christians are stupid!  Ha ha let's laugh at the Christians.

(the above is how some folks on the board will read the remarks in this thread)

I think we can all agree that the people being interviewed here are idiots.  Let's not extend their stupidity to mean that they represent all religious people everywhere.

Thanks.


How about we just agree that at the very least these people have the right to a viewpoint and to solicit funds to build something supporting that viewpoint? I'm not really down with teaching Genesis as science, at least, I'm as not down with that in that same sense that I am not down with teaching science with the specific agenda of crushing someone's faith. I still believe science and faith can coexist (and these people don't help much).

It's kind of low hanging fruit for mockery, though, so you really don't score very many points taking shots at it.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 08:18:59 am »

The dinosaurs co-existing with humans bit is pretty good stuff though. It would be so easy to just say something like 'Fossils were placed there by God to test man' but they are sincere enough that they accept the existence of dinosaurs because of fossils but apply their faith of God creating all animals at the same time and end up with an argument that is much harder to support than a pure fiction would be.

Come on though, AD these people have their opinion broadcast via a major news site and we can't poke fun on our silly little forum?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 11:40:28 am »

The dinosaurs co-existing with humans bit is pretty good stuff though. It would be so easy to just say something like 'Fossils were placed there by God to test man' but they are sincere enough that they accept the existence of dinosaurs because of fossils but apply their faith of God creating all animals at the same time and end up with an argument that is much harder to support than a pure fiction would be.

Come on though, AD these people have their opinion broadcast via a major news site and we can't poke fun on our silly little forum?

Doc, as Resident Board Australian, I think you need to apologise for your country's creation of such a -- ah, how to put this delicately? -- douchebag.  And Rupert Murdoch, too, while you're at it.

I will then apologise for all the morons the ol' US of A has spawned.  The list is far too long, but you know who I'm talking about.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 12:34:17 pm »

The list is far too long, but you know who I'm talking about.

Roger Jeffries at 42 Mockingbird Ln.  (He knows why!)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Thee

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 51
  • I adidas Rio
    • View Profile
    • New England Fashion Update!
Re: We can make sense of the different people groups.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2006, 01:33:11 am »

It's kind of low hanging fruit for mockery, though, so you really don't score very many points taking shots at it.

High Score!

Logged
R U Passionate??
Pages: [1]   Go Up