Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There’s no Day for apologizing to our parents for all the stupid shit we put them through. Perhaps because we never finish before they die.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Philippe in a T-Shirt! (09-16-03)  (Read 6387 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (09-16-03)
« on: September 16, 2003, 10:30:04 am »

Oh my!  I giggled so much over Philippe's shirt ..batman!  it's like he's trying to fit in with Lyle or somethin' ...and Harry Potter!  I just finally saw the first Harry Potter movie, so it was like the strip spoke to me in a bigger way

Strip.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 01:50:59 pm by Nabubrush »
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

beverly

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 48
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2003, 11:30:08 am »

great strip!  But no more Ray's place?  I hate you, Onstad!
Logged

rstevens

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2003, 02:57:38 pm »

no more ray's place? thank god.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2003, 03:11:21 pm »

"my mentor Phreak Pisces"?  Love it, love it, love it.

On the other hand: "Hollywood grist"?  Whuzzat?
Logged

rstevens

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 16
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2003, 03:31:28 pm »

he probably fell for the old "hey, you should really work with me to develop a tv show and i won't have money to pay you unless we beat million to one odds" line.

Thak

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2003, 04:13:30 pm »

I'm afraid Lyle will corrupt Philippe. :(
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2003, 04:46:09 pm »

Quote from: "Thak"
I'm afraid Lyle will corrupt Philippe. :(


No. When Philippe realises it's wrong, he'll start being all Philippe about it.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2003, 05:30:48 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Lyle's reading shelf straight kills me.  I mean, a Chilton guide for a freakin' Hornet!  Yeah, I guess a guy might need one of those.  I'm really surprised there isn't one with a booze theme, although The Man Who Hits Men probably has a high alcohol abuse factor...


for some reason I assumed "the Man who Hits men" was some sort of self-help book that helped teach Lyle to kick ass.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2003, 05:48:59 pm »

Onstad may be a lazy fuck, but as long as he keeps delivering the daily funny I'll keep reading it.

And yes, I think the man who hits men is indeed a personal story meant to inspire about a man who hits other men, be it with his meaty fists or with a wrench or something.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2003, 08:18:53 pm »

Hollywood Grist? Best of luck, I guess. I'll miss Ray's Place, though, that was some funny stuff. I notice no one is morning the (hopefully) demise of the VH. Thank God he didn't take Ray's Place and leave the VH. Oy.
Logged

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Re: Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2003, 08:23:26 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
Oh my!  I giggled so much over Philippe's shirt ..batman!  it's like he's trying to fit in with Lyle or somethin' ...


Pajamas, I assumed.  But yes, an utterly charming stip all round.
Logged
goose means greedy

V-Adore

  • Guest
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2003, 08:36:40 pm »

The image of an otter in a Batman T-shirt cracks me up, especially given that the otter in question is Philippe.

I'm surprised by Lyle's generosity, really; he almost seems to have adopted a paternal/mentorly attitude towards Philippe. I doubt he'll manage to corrupt him -- Philippe is incorruptible, like a saint's corpse, except not dead -- but it's heartening to see Lyle grow up a little. We are far removed from the days of Christmas punches.
Logged

ferocious j

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 231
    • View Profile
    • http://automatedredemption.com/flavorcountry/
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2003, 09:00:46 pm »

Does anyone know what "hawkwind mythology" would be, and/or why anyone would want to deconstruct it?
Logged
I step to the mic like a Jedi knight
I'm all "off with your head" with my neon light

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2003, 09:19:06 pm »

Quote from: "ferocious j"
Does anyone know what "hawkwind mythology" would be, and/or why anyone would want to deconstruct it?


The band? They managed to whip up a scary amount of myths about their goings ons...
If not I do not know.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Philippe in a T-Shirt! (16 September 2003)
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2003, 09:34:32 pm »

I assumed it was one of those faux-native american things.
Logged
goose means greedy
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up