Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero  (Read 3660 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« on: August 01, 2006, 05:15:46 am »

Hey kids,

In celebration of our third birthday, we've wiped the slate clean.  Now Tiny Cans of Dr Pepper once again mean something.

Everyone got one can for celebration, like if you were in school and it was your birthday and you had to bring cookies for the whole class.

Everyone who wished the board a happy birthday in the appropriate thread got an additional can.

Otherwise, it's a karma free-for-all once again.  I will try to show restraint in issuing or taking away thousands of cans at a time, as doing so previously made the cans meaningless, and pretty much put an end to can-grubbing, which surely was a fine addition to the board this year.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:47:49 am »

Aw MAN! Just when I was gloating over my stash of tiny cans, the size that they serve in hospitals! GONE! GONE FOREVER! I could add some pathetic sniffles at this point but I think that might be over the top.

Hey! Since I'm in Alaska I get to celebrate this long before most other people...at least, those most other rational folk on the eastern seaboard have gone to sleep. it's not even 10PM here, and it's still light outside! Rawk!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:50:32 am »

awesome!

I will feel a slight twinge when I give my first post-slate-cleaning can. Hm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 06:51:00 am »

Don't the cans feel better though when you feel like you've earned them, rather than just received them arbitrarily because I was in a good mood or something?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:19:56 am »

oh, no, see, I remembered the time(s) that you arbitrarily gave me them, and knew the actual number that I had.

except, I think at one point I got one of those random things where I got like 50 extra. I'm not sure.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:39:21 am »

Wow.. I feel.. cleansed somehow.  Like I own a bidet...


Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:45:08 am »

Oh, bollocks. I was so close to that magical 100 cans, and seeing as Jough had only ever arbitrarily taken cans away rather than giving them to me, I thought it would be well deserved.

Now, I have to try and reach that goal again. It feels like pushing a heavy rock up a hill. And then the rock rolls down again.

Nonetheless, this is a Good Thing for everybody.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 10:59:39 am »

Hooray! My self worth will once again be determined arbitrarily by (sort-of) strangers! It's like I'm in jr. high all over again.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 02:18:42 pm »

Whatever.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 02:21:23 pm »

Why, I feel all... light and airy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2006, 02:51:12 pm »

I figure the amusing and popular kids will get their cans back anyway.

In December, whoever has the most cans will win a prize just in time for the holiday season.  TOUAMB prizes make great gifts!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2006, 08:14:53 pm »


I'm not sure if it taught us the importance of fake civility or cheating more.

Either way, an important lesson!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2006, 08:19:02 pm »


I'm not sure if it taught us the importance of fake civility or cheating more.

Either way, an important lesson!

Why womby, have I told you that you are looking marvelous lately and that I simply adore your pugs?  *bats eyelashes*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2006, 10:23:44 pm »

See, I anticipated this and chugged all of mine the night before.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Karma Day Zero
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 10:28:39 pm »

See, I anticipated this and chugged all of mine the night before.

So that tremendous sound I heard last night was the resulting belch. I knew it was too loud to be a plane.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up