Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What we need more of is science.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads  (Read 3490 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 01:33:07 am »

Once a snake finds your potted meat
Shel Silverstein wrote "The Giving Tree"
You'll never comprehend my window seat
Fourteen barbers are shaaaving me..
I said my love ain't free!

Thank you for making me laugh uncontrollably.  "Potted meat" was the clincher, but "shaaaving me" is also priceless.

OH SHIT I'M LAUGHING AGAIN.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 04:39:06 am »

Dang, thanks for the memories, AW.

Has anyone else been LOLing at these threads and retroactively issuing tiny cans?

Also, I miss 'lucia and Zart so much.  Bozack too, although he was back for like, a second.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:30:06 am »

man, I'm going through my old posts, and I used to actually say funny things. I'm not sure where exactly I stopped.

also, I said a lot of really rediculously nonsensical things. and in some cases, I'm not sure whether I was being facetious or not.

for instance: "being pretentious about pop music is be most fun"

I particularly enjoyed the point when I said that from that post on, the subtext of every single post I made was "and also, Hobot looks Delicious in that HUGS! tshirt."
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 02:21:27 pm »

Seriously though man, she totally does.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 03:26:18 pm »

Aw, you guys.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:44:36 pm »

Here's a nice nostalgia thread of our favorite strips from back when we just started out here. - it reminded me that the Dumbrella board was closed down when I had just lost my free internet through university, and that I only found the new board weeks later, when I got my free NetZero account.  It's hard to believe I once put up with dial-up, or that I once got for free what I now pay $30 a month for!

Hey, also looking back, remember Variety Hour?  How's that for a throw-back reference?  Everyone hated Variety Hour, said so on the Dumbrella board, then the Dumbreall Board and Variety Hour both evaporated. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 07:53:52 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:18:38 pm »

Here's a nice nostalgia thread of our favorite strips from back when we just started out here.

You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 08:21:07 pm »

You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.

And also:  How much great Achewood I have forgotten and could enjoy reading again.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 08:34:05 pm »

You know what strikes me about that thread?  How much great Achewood had not happened yet.

So, five favorite strips of the last 3 years, anyone?
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 08:53:10 pm »

So, five favorite strips of the last 3 years, anyone?

I'm game, but this turned out to be much much tougher than I thought.  I mean I couldn't even fit any CH references into my list and that arc is what made me stop lurking (and reading all the archives)!


Does he always wear a crown after he fuck somebody?
- It's totally the crown that does it for me here.  Also the last spoken line by Ray of course.

Chicken and Bubble Boy
- He used the skewer people.

You are so ARROGANT! - I too, have metaphorically buried shirts in the backyard.

Yo Mama - Hot Bloody Fat on the Mayor!


Fuck THIS guy!
- Constantly vies with THESE KNIVES! as my favorite of all time.  Do I even have to give a reason?
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2006, 09:26:24 pm »

Oh, she brings pegging to every discussion. 

Imagine the reception she got while attending that five year old's birthday party...

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 12:25:34 am »

OK, there go my top five. I don't know if more people will jump into this, in which case it should probably be moved to another thread… Or maybe Mr. Q and I can pretend this lame attempt never happened.

It's… Homosexuals!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02272004

The most exhilarating release after an almost unbearably nerve-racking arc:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=11252003

Jeez! It's the style! Shut UP!
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=10142003

An award for blowing people's minds:
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02012005

Who hasn't thought of pulling this in real life?
http://achewood.com/index.php?date=02242004
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 04:51:07 am »

Oh, she brings pegging to every discussion. 

Imagine the reception she got while attending that five year old's birthday party...

Heh... I can't help it. I see a hot guy, I instantly start plotting ways that I can discreetly bring up the subject of pegging, or maybe innocently slip "Bend Over Boyfriend" into the DVD player, or hell, just ASK him if I can... Yikes. Okay, it's time for me to go for a walk or something.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Touamb: Nostalgia Threads
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 04:36:32 pm »

Heh... I can't help it. I see a hot guy, I instantly start plotting ways that I can discreetly bring up the subject of pegging, or maybe innocently slip "Bend Over Boyfriend" into the DVD player, or hell, just ASK him if I can... Yikes. Okay, it's time for me to go for a walk or something.

I can only assume by "go for a walk" you mean "cruise for hot guys." Better bring a portable DVD player.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up