Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tomato talk  (Read 7602 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Sub_Topical

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 41
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 316
  • Cog -> Machine
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2007, 08:45:12 pm »

Sub_T - seriously, do you not like pizza, or lasagna or... anything.  I hated tomatoes as a kid, but now I like 'em.  It's really about getting them fresh from the garden.  Tomatoes from the grocery store are bad news.

Pulped tomatoes cooked up and mixed with other tasty things are fine in that hey no longer have innard goo that is fuck*ng ridiculous to consider food. Even a hot ass tomato on a sandwich or charred meaat bread item is OK. Raw ass tomatoes popping cold goo when you much 'em is like eating baby birds...WRONG  and not food.

This, of course, is opinion. Rocky and Hulk Hogan ate raw eggs for the camera and I wouldn't fuck*ng consider that either.

IS NOT LIKING CERTAIN FORMS OF TOMATOS A TOTAL HUNT'S MOVE?
Logged
We must repeat!

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2007, 09:09:15 pm »

Pulped tomatoes cooked up and mixed with other tasty things are fine in that hey no longer have innard goo that is fuck*ng ridiculous to consider food. Even a hot ass tomato on a sandwich or charred meaat bread item is OK. Raw ass tomatoes popping cold goo when you much 'em is like eating baby birds...WRONG  and not food.

This, of course, is opinion. Rocky and Hulk Hogan ate raw eggs for the camera and I wouldn't fuck*ng consider that either.

IS NOT LIKING CERTAIN FORMS OF TOMATOS A TOTAL HUNT'S MOVE?

It's food. Don't eat stuff that you don't like. I like tomatoes, but I can't eat cherry or grape tomatoes. They're too much like eating an eyeball. Gross.

However, even if you don't like fruit and veg in general, you should force yourself to eat them at least a couple times a week because they're good for you. Then again, we're omnivores, and we can turn just about anything into usable energy.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2007, 09:17:59 pm »

Even now (she's 4) I'm the one she throws up on when she comes in to our room feeling poorly.

Maybe it changes around puberty.  I won't be looking forward to that change if so.

Hey, different strokes for different folks.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2007, 10:34:39 pm »

Urgh.  Now that I reread it, that's certainly one way to interpret what I wrote.  I think I meant that she found my scent comforting - and that would be something I miss later.  A can for your sick mind, though.

As for tomatoes - I like them all, and in a variety of guises - including raw.  My brother and I used to sabotage dinnertime with cherry tomatoes.  There's no more effective way to ensure chaos at the table than firing tomato innards "accidentally" onto your family members.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 03:46:30 pm »

Man, give me a nice smallish ripe tomato of pretty much any variety (except grape tomatoes, they're not even tomatoes) and a salt shaker and I'm in heaven.

Suck it, haters.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2007, 07:52:56 pm »

Yes.

My favorite food of all time is a fresh grown tomato slice with salt.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 04:04:53 am »

Man, give me a nice smallish ripe tomato of pretty much any variety (except grape tomatoes, they're not even tomatoes) and a salt shaker and I'm in heaven.

Suck it, haters.

Hahahahah! A wee can for you, good sirrah!
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 07:01:43 am »

I'm serious. Grape tomatoes aren't tomatoes. They're peppers.




I must have read it on Wikipedia.


Or heard it on the Colbert Report.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Tomato talk
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 02:32:27 pm »

I'm serious. Grape tomatoes aren't tomatoes. They're peppers.




I must have read it on Wikipedia.


Or heard it on the Colbert Report.

But peppers aren't peppers either. They're chilis. It's all so confusing.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up